What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My obsession: STRIPES!

I can't get enough of this one.. pitcher after drool worthy pitcher from this seed grown veitchii K.
pS.. all veitchii K are seed grown. ;)

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9707.jpg

at night with flash..

IMG_9654.jpg

How come they are all seed grown?

Mass, I can see why you love these veitchii types so much. That is stunning, buddy! Thanks for the pics :)

They dont TC it? :scratch:

Those pitchers are AWSOME mass! I love striped perstomes myself!:)

@heli: usually the initial batch release from BE are seed grown plants. however, there are select clones that they keep in reserve which they place in vitro for future sequential releases... either that or they have a continuous supply of seed from their breeding plants.

Great pics of a stunning plant!

mass, I have a new pitcher on my ventricosa 'Red' X ovata opening, and it has very unusual (subtle) striping. I'll see if I can get a photo tomorrow.

Well damn, I know which plant I'll be getting next.

I'm in love with your Veitchii K! Are they fairly common to where I could find a similar one at a CP nursery? What growing conditions does yours seem to like? One of the more beautiful neps I've seen. :)

I'm in love with your Veitchii K! Are they fairly common to where I could find a similar one at a CP nursery? What growing conditions does yours seem to like? One of the more beautiful neps I've seen. :)

Yeah.. extremely common, but not cheap. I'm growing mine in HL conditions, potted in an airy mix. (charcoal, orchid bark, perlite, and LFS. With no live top layer of any kind.

Spectacular specimen you got yourself there Mass. Wow!! I love the colours and love the way the peristome stays open. :D

Spectacular specimen you got yourself there Mass. Wow!! I love the colours and love the way the peristome stays open. :D

It doesn't actually stay fanned out like that. It's just a short phase before it folds back. I'll post some updates when it does.

Yeah, it's a real shame that it doesn't. In that respect, I like spathulata - it tends to give hybrids a stiff collar that doesn't fold back.

... then again, Judith Finn is not a great looker, IMHO.

Stunning as usual, mass! The veitchii (k) originates from EP if I'm not mistaken and that's why they're all seed-grown. IMO, I fancy the veitchii form that has squat pitchers, tubby and red with candy stripes most. :)

Back