What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple updated pitcher photos.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
My newest pitcher to open on my N. lowii x truncata wide, and another shot of my N. robcantleyi. I guess thats the new name?
JMatt

dsc06088k.jpg

dsc06087l.jpg

Dude, you are a PRO!

Amazing pics! What lighting do you keep your N. robcantleyi in? I keep mine shaded but cant seem to get it to bring out its full color...

Wow both of those are amazing!!

Thanks guys,
I grow my plants about 12 to 15 inches under T-5 grow lights.
I also grow all my sundews that way. I'm off to post some pix of them now.
JMatt

Gorgeous Wide Peristome! Can't wait until mine get's that size.. :drool:

And why is it called robcantleyi, isn't it a 'Royal Truncata' anymore?

:0o:
Whoa. Impressive!
:hail:

And why is it called robcantleyi, isn't it a 'Royal Truncata' anymore?

@mass: surely you've been following that discussion in the past few days.....how could you miss it?! (or are you being facetious? *chuckle*)

The Borneo Exotics cross of the two clones 'Queen of Hearts' and 'King of Spades' previously designated N. truncata are now moved into a new species, N. robcantleyi. But you knew that, right?

If ever I dicover a new species of Nepenthes, I may name it N. dirtysororitygirlii, in Travis' honor ;-) (A dubious honor indeed!)

haha.. actually no, I haven't been following it, and I did not know that. News to me.. But thanks for the update. ;)

Gorgeous! I can't wait until my lowii x truncata gets that big.

Mass, check out the pitcher plants forum. It's an interesting read...

Ah nice. Always look forward to your pics. The pot in your first pic is so large. Maybe I should use bigger pots...hmmm

Two beautiful and impressive specimens.

Your example of a N. robcantleyi is most definitely turning out to be something that could definitely also have beeen called truncata 'black', IMO :banana2:

Nice!

Back