What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Albomarginata

I bought this Nepenthes albomarginata (it might be a hybrid?) from a local branch of a large DIY store chain in the UK. I've had it for a few months now and it had put out a number of new pitchers. It stays quite compact, with short internodes.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Nice! Any special conditions or just windowsill? And if so, North, South, East or West facing?

Seems like a good grower, now I want one!

Wow, that's a pretty solid score for DIY chain !

Not a hybrid. Looks to be a VERY nice Kuching Spotted. The near purple veining of the tendril through the leaf is always a dead giveaway. Not an easy find for us, so I'd say nice score for you.
Mine is just starting to pitcher for me again.

Nice! Any special conditions or just windowsill? And if so, North, South, East or West facing?
It's under my 70W metal halide lamp, on a open growself, so humidity is pretty low. Seems to be quite easy going.

Wow, that's a pretty solid score for DIY chain !
Here's how it looked when I got it in September. You can see the price label of £3.98 (~$6), so quite a reasonable price:

4.JPG

Not a hybrid. Looks to be a VERY nice Kuching Spotted.
Thanks for the ID.

Very Jealous, man. The only neps I can ever find in nurseries or chain stores are lowlanders or maximas.

Very Jealous, man. The only neps I can ever find in nurseries or chain stores are lowlanders or maximas.

psst.. albomarginata IS a lowlander. ;)

Debatable! I should have said ultra-lowlanders. But yeah, I've been growing my albo in highland conditions with no hang-ups, as an intermediate it was growing like mad. When it got too hot in the summer, it slowed way down.

Back