What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes campanulata

Hi guys

Did you think the campanulata can resist a travel from cz takes like 12 days until the plant arrive.

12 days sounds like a long time but I suppose if it were packaged well and mild temperatures the whole way it might make it.

Are you in the USA or another country? Make sure you know your import laws an have the correct permits to allow importation of Nepenthes BEFORE you make your order.

If it's a cheap deal and you're willing to take the risk, try it, but there is a large chance of issues with the plant with 12 days of travel I would assume. That's 12 days in pitch black. Depending on how it is packed, the humidity and temperature could vary greatly from hour to hour. The plant will be tossed around during shipping and there is a chance of damaging it. Most heat packs won't last more than a few days. If it's an expensive plant, I personally wouldn't take the risk. I would look for somebody locally that is selling the same plant, or is selling a plant you like more. I'm a completely newbie, but I have lots of experience with ordering live things online.

If it's a cheap deal and you're willing to take the risk, try it, but there is a large chance of issues with the plant with 12 days of travel I would assume. That's 12 days in pitch black. Depending on how it is packed, the humidity and temperature could vary greatly from hour to hour. The plant will be tossed around during shipping and there is a chance of damaging it. Most heat packs won't last more than a few days. If it's an expensive plant, I personally wouldn't take the risk. I would look for somebody locally that is selling the same plant, or is selling a plant you like more. I'm a completely newbie, but I have lots of experience with ordering live things online.

The 12 days in the mail isn't a problem as long as it stays moist and within the allowable temperatures.

I have had plants spend 4 weeks in the mail, and when they arrive still moist there is generally very little problems.

Finally arrives today after almost 3 long weeks
a>

Oh dear... I'm glad it still has green on it, but does the growth point look ok? :crap:

hmm...doesn't look too great Ivan. The growth point looks black....depends if your conditions are optimal....if they are, it could probably settle in and re-grow.

I think i will put it under intermediate conditions 20-28 C and a lot of light

That looks rough. Treat it like a sick child and it should pull through.

Good news the growing point does not seem rotten
I leave you a closer pic
a>

Best of luck Ivaniuk!

I hope it pulls through to be a healthy strong plant.

that's great ivan! looks like you're off to a promising start. continue doing what you are doing!

Yaaayyy! I'm so happy :boogie: I hope it just starts taking off like a racecar!

Yaaayyy! I'm so happy :boogie: I hope it just starts taking off like a racecar!

Thanks to all for your comments... in a few months more will be running faster than a race car thez_yo :lol:

Back