What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my Nepenthes 2012

• Thread starter pygo
  • Start date
OMFG Linda is eating her neighbor's BABY!!!!
Seriously, beautiful, beautiful plants. Ya know, I have acquired several of EP's gorgeous lowii hybrids this past winter, but I did NOT include the lowii X boschiana cross, thinking I wasn't going to enjoy its more slender profile.....WRONG!!

I see a lot of, what looks like, D. rotundifolia in your LFS.. Do you grow sundews all over that museum too?!!?!

So many nice pitchers. I like the white ventricosa, the hamata, lowii x campanulata and many more. You do a nice job with your plants.

Wow!!!!! Amazing lowii X boschiana! Looks giant!!

thank you all ^^

mass> i have few sundews in my greenhouse ^^

burbidgeae
burb.jpg

gothica
gotf.jpg

hamiguitanensis
hami.jpg

lowii x boschiana lower pitcher
lowxb.jpg

young veitchii "Murud"
vmurud.jpg

ventricosa x trusmadiensis freshly openend
vxtr.jpg

rajah
56213515.jpg

Ok, considering what hamiguitanensis looks like, maybe I don't need xSplendiana x xMixta :love:

Wow as always!! That vetchii looks very promising

Amazing neps! What is that hanging from the lid of lowii x boschiana?

Amazing pics!! That N. hamigenuinsis sure looks different from what Ive seen.

Amazing neps! What is that hanging from the lid of lowii x boschiana?

Its called "exudate", and it is essentially nectar from a modified nectar gland that a few species such as N. lowii and N. ephippiata possess on the lids of their pitchers. If you look on YouTube, you can find infrared night videos of these two species showing the symbiotic relationship they have with native rodents. The rodents visit the pitchers, standing with back lags on the peristome, and stand to lick the exudate/nectar from the lid! (You rarely see accumulations of exudate on pitchers in their habitat because the rodents keep them licked clean!) Often the rodent will poop in the pitcher as a sort of thank you gift when they are done eating. Aren't you glad you asked? :)

Sorry, pressed send 2X!`

Last edited:
Looks amazing pygo! Especially love the lowii x boschiana and burbidgeae! :drool:

Keep the pics coming!

The hamata looks so evil, and I love it! Spectacular update, as usual.

Haughtiness your nep! Your hamata seems to like has marvel but which substratum you he to offrer.

thank you all ^^

attenboroughii from 2 locality
attzl.jpg

argentii x sibuyanensis
argxsib.jpg

rigidifolia
rigi.jpg

Jeeez you have things I didn't even know existed :lol:

WOW! Some of those look very promising!

Wow wow wow Pygo. That is the first time I have seen the infamous argentii x sibuyanensis cross.

Thank you ^^

Argentii x sibuyanensis is a cross from a european private grower

Ventricosa x ephippiata intermediate/upper pitcher
4985680c.jpg

6d7c428f.jpg

Back