What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii Bario HL Candy Striped seedlings

(i really apologize for hi-jacking btw)

thx for the advice tony; i will check it out. Will be really nice to be able to grow a veitchii(as well as get a really good reason to build a bigger grow chamber lolz). :)

Thanks guys.

Good point there Tony -it helps if we're all on the same scale and talking apples to apples.

CPBobby, these Bario veitchii are grown at approx. 72F during the day and 64F during the night.

dvg

Here is one of the slower growing plants.

Still small in stature, but quite stout for its current size.

dvg

Yay an update! That's a very interesting pot-belly shape. Beautiful pitcher none-the-less. Were you ever able to get a picture of the red pitcher that was developing on the vigorous plant? I vaguely remember you mentioning about it on the flora Nepenthaceae board. . .

Hi Lance, this is the picture you were referring to.

IMG_2472-N-veitchii-Bario-Jan-7-2013.jpg

I used it as an example to show another forum member how compact and red these pitchers were becoming, but a photo of that pitcher fully open was never posted.

Once the laggards catch up in size, i'll have to post an update on them all.

dvg

Magnificent, dvg! I can only hope the Bario forms of N. veitchii become more
available in the future.

ready for mine to start putting on some real size! Great color dvg..

Magnificent, dvg! I can only hope the Bario forms of N. veitchii become more
available in the future.

Thanks KPG! I suppose it is only a matter of time before these become commercially available to everyone.

ready for mine to start putting on some real size! Great color dvg..

Thanks mass, bet you're no doubt anxiously waiting for yours to start showing off all the stripey goodness that comes with larger pitchers.

dvg

I MUST GET A NEPENTHES THAT IS AN OPPOSITE GENDER OF MY OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Just a quick question, is there any way to differentiate between male and female Nepenthes before they flower?)

Indeed I am.. already getting some great color from my plants though.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n575/mass2256/IMG_4493_zpscae7e220.jpg

Looking good there mass!

I MUST GET A NEPENTHES THAT IS AN OPPOSITE GENDER OF MY OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Just a quick question, is there any way to differentiate between male and female Nepenthes before they flower?)

I can't tell just by looking at them. I have to wait until mine flower.

There was a thread on here a while back where one forum member was trying to see if it was possible to determine Nepenthes gender through chemical analysis of the leaf material, but I haven't heard any follow up on his experiments.

dvg

I am missing my group of seedlings from this batch quite a bit now...
for that matter I am missing all of my plants... Rest assure they are all in good homes, and a majority will come back to me once I have a place to house them again...

Kris, you dealt with my lack of patience so well, I feel compelled to send you my first available cutting/basal. May take a couple years, but if you're interested.. it's the least I can do.

Bug supper, bug supper

'bout time it was due.

dvg

Those are really turning out great for you, dvg.

Those are really turning out great for you, dvg.

Thanks mato, these are getting more beautiful as they continue to mature.

dvg

What the heck is all over your veitchii?? They look scary!

What the heck is all over your veitchii?? They look scary!

Haha! Nothing to be too alarmed about JB. ;)

They are only fruit flies - D. hydei - and they have a genetic trait that renders them flightless.

dvg

Do you know how I can get one of these anyone have one up for grabs?

PM me pls

a N V Bario pm me xs ok

Back