What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos of nepenthes N. singlana x hamata

im thinking about getting a N. singlana x hamata i would like to photos of other people plants if some one could be kind enough to post some. Which plant should i get N. singlana hamata,N. talangensis x hamata, or a N. jamban?

I think the hamata x singalana cross is going to look amazing once it matures, but as to which plant you should purchase, that's your call. If you want to see a picture of a very small one, you can check out my photo thread.

I think you should narrow it down to N. singlana x hamata and N. jamban. ;) Then consider what you like... toilets? or teeth? You should have your answer. :p

These plants are still quite small...

N. singalana x hamata is definitely going to be toothy, probably the toothiest hamata cross yet, however there may be some chance that it essentially looks like a speckled more toothy singalana. (Which is fine by me)

N. talangensis x hamata is definitely going to be colorful and bizarre, there are a few pictures of mature plants that you can find on cpphotofinder which will give you an idea of what to expect. I personally think that cross will be amazing and crazy.

N. jamban... is not really in this discussion I guess. It's a cool plant? Growing species is definitely a good thing, I would personally get jacquelineae if I were to choose between one of those sort of plants. No doubt it would be very hard to find seed grown jamban whereas the other two plants are all going to be seed grown.

You decide!

N. talangensis x hamata is looking downright freaky from the photos I've seen. I'd get that one for the weird factor.

N. singalana x hamata looks just plain wicked, very toothy. Basically it's a stretched out hamata.

N. jamban is very different from the hybrids you're looking at, much smaller.

However, if you're feeling adventurous, you could try hunting down a N. hamata x nigra. It has a black, toothy peristome and a red body. I found this pic on the proboards, from the member Chimanta

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would bet hamata x nigra is impossible to find.

Probably. The guy is in Switzerland, so importing seedlings would be a pain. Myself, I'm just waiting for N. nigra to enter cultivation.

Thanks guys

Thanks for alll the input guys. I already got the N. singalana x hamata last week I just wanted to know which one you would have chose. I also got N. ventricosa x aristolochides, and N. ventricosa x boschiana

Nice tastes. Anything with boschiana in it looks nice.

Nice tastes. Anything with boschiana in it looks nice.

Agreed. N. boschiana contributes a very elegant waistline to many of its offspring. I am very fond of tall, narrow pitchers with the boschiana profile. N. ramispina is another whose "waistline" I adore.

I have the singalana X hamata cross, but the pitchers are small and don't really show much of the character that the adult ones surely will.

Thanks! Yeah N. vent x bosch is looking very good all the leaves are nice and red. My N sig x hamata is small too.

I was wondering about ventricosa x boschiana . . . Two of my favorite more simple and common Nepenthes crossed together with a great waist, should be nice!

Also, Wire Man, while we're being completely unrealistic, he could have also gone for N. x harryana!

Campanulata x boschiana gives the nicest waistline of any of the boschiana hybrids imho:

DSC_0003-1.jpg

I don't think I've seen anyone with a N. x harryana, at least not that I can remember.

I wonder what N. hamata x aristolocioides would look like....

I wonder what N. hamata x aristolocioides would look like....

My bet is that the two would cancel out one another's most exaggerated and awesome features and the offspring would be much more normal looking than either of the parents. I'd still love to see what happens though, just in case I am wrong, and even if I'm not it would probably still be a sweet plant.

Back