What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lack of pitchering in N. Sanguinea

I got a N. Sanguinea a couple years ago that's been through a lot, including partial consumption by my cat, though it has since recovered. Anyways, after a rapid burst of growth and pitchering, it hasn't produced any new pitchers in a couple of months without a change in care.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Is it just a seasonal thing? It's in a southern facing windowsill and gets supplemental sunlight with a fluorescent grow light.

Pic included is of upper new growth, pitchers are 4-5 inches long on lower leaves:

http://i.imgur.com/v0wY5.jpg

Yes, it's a seasonal thing. Expect pitchering to resume in April, give or take a few weeks.

Looks healthy. I would venture guess that the short days, cooler temps and dryer air during the winter are the only thing that prevents it from pitchering. I'm in agreement with Whimgrinder: It should pitcher in spring and summer for you.

Back