What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest: February 2012

tis simple and uncomplicated. Easy one to enjoy and take care of. TY

'Bill Bailey' has gotten a bit toothier since the last photo.

IMG_4286.jpg

I love me that singalana influence. Once again reaffirming my belief that ventricosa provides a beautiful and simple template for other species to work with.

One last update for me:

N. spectabilis x talangensis

DSCN6844.jpg

While it managed to tuck itself into almost the worst spot I could imagine, it's my favorite pitcher so far ....

N. tenuis
Ntenuis022612RS.jpg

Very nice! Wow the competition in this month is very stiff!

I seem to remember you having another tenuis, jamban or jacquelineae or something like that that was also in a difficult spot to photograph. :lol:

I seem to remember you having another tenuis, jamban or jacquelineae or something like that that was also in a difficult spot to photograph. :lol:
Yes, it was an earlier N. tenuis pitcher. This plant has crazy long tendrils and loves to bury pitchers in the moss (especially in corners or between two pots or ...). This one was on top of the moss because a buddy came by the other day and yanked it up while the pitcher was developing so he could get a look at it. It's difficult to see but the peristome is covered in nectar.

While it managed to tuck itself into almost the worst spot I could imagine, it's my favorite pitcher so far ....

N. tenuis

WOW! :drool:

N. tenuis

Whoa, I didn't even know tenuis produced pitchers like that. Awesome entry, RL!

I'll be out of town for the next couple days.. so..
Pitcher of the Month contest: February 2012 has now ended. Thanks to those who participated. Contest voting will begin shortly.

Back