What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have sprouts!!!

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I received some N vent seeds with some leuco seeds about a month and a half or so ago. I was just about to give up on them, till yesterday!! Many have sprouted! I'm stoked. This is only the second successful germination and I foolishly messed up the first ones years ago. They sprouted on the 5th. Because when I checked the terrarium sat after getting home from work the pots were still empty. Then yesterday when u checked I had several in each pot sprouting!!! I cannot copy and paste from photobucket with my iPod so will post a pic when I get home. I'm so excited!!!

Nice! Congratulations!!!

I look forward to seeing these. One of the parents was a real pale form. I hope I can keep several going till then. Looks like I prolly should have started my other seeds in a terrarium. Might have had germination. Will try again with others under lights this time.

I am seeing better germination with seeds sown on tray with intermittent mist than under humidity dome. Wondering if there are germination inhibitors in seed coat that prevent germination until they get leached out?

Mine are in an almost sealed terrarium with fog piped in and a Pc fan for air movement. Almost 100% humidity all the time with air movement. I use it as a cutting tank and plants that need tlc. Till I plant it. :p

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

You might have a point there kula maybe. Who knows.

What temperature did you germinate them at?

I don't have a thermometer in the tank yet. Doesn't feel that warm. I would venture to say intermediate. lights on about 5a - 11p (18 hours photo period) I need a thermometer, just havent got around to putting one in. Bical is growing and amp, then I have maxima lake poso and others n there.

985294BE-orig.jpg

Looks like aa high germination rate...congrats!

yeah the pic is crappy. I will get a count later. I had quite a bit of seeds. spread between 2 pots. Possibly more to sprout.

Congrats! I have had considerably less success (i.e.: none whatsoever) germinating my Nep seeds. My temps are just too low this winter :(

Have you tried just under lights? The lights close enough should do some warming.

I so look forward to seeing the color of these. Might have some interesting turnouts.

Back