What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variations in N. belli

I was just wondering if there are multiple forms of N.belli? Many of the other lowland species seem to have several different colorations or forms. I am very interested in N.belli species plants and just making a wish list if there are several different colorations or locations I would like get them all listed.
If anyone has photos of belli I would really like to see them.

I have never heard of any variations of N. belli.

I have found a couple photos of belli with a location attached to the photo but not much in cultivation. I guessed that with all the variations in ampullaria that belli might have some variation as well.

From what I can remember there are two types of N. bellii in cultivation. The first one of the standard form, the second is the squat form. I've never grown N. bellii, so I can't say this for certain.

Some plants get no respect. Maybe not enough have been collected to get the different forms. Remember seed grown plants tend to give slightly varying forms due to genetic variation. Not all humans are the same. Same principal.

I really would like to get one and try one. I havent heard from to many people that are currently growing them maybe someone here can post up a picture of their plant.

i had one....Key word being had. I lost it being a noob to neps.

Here is a small pitcher from a small plant I got quite a while back.
Bellii.jpg

(Small in my opinion is not that of what a retailer may consider small,
but to me it is too small to divide yet, so hence it is small.)

I can't attest to its lineage, but was told it qualifies.
(In fact I have a few plants where I was told it was one thing, and it turned out to be another.)
At this point, I don't really care what things are, so long as I like them!
Indeed, this is a nice plant to grow.

I started liking squat pitchers when I did some seed of a Viking hybrid,
and learned that the look was catching.

It has been a nice plant & easy to grow.

Back