What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeling Care

Vbkid

Getting There...
So I have a batch of assorted Nep seedlings ~4 months old that are putting out their first carnivorous leaves.
I know that I don't need to transplant them for a while, but at what point should I move them off the heating pad and under my fluorescents? And should I keep them in their high humidity for the foreseeable future?

If they're germinated as much as they're likely to then I'd take them off the heating pad and move them under the lights. Give them some distance at first, and then move them closer and closer to the lights after a week or so intervals. Keep an eye on the soil drying out totally cos too dry at their small fragile stage they can dessicate in a day or two. Since they are so fragile I water them by putting about a half inch or so of water in the tray their seedling pots are sitting in and let the water wick up, once they get to an inch in diameter or so I'll start top watering like I normally do for Neps.

I keep everything covered at my house cos it's too dry without a cover, my cover isn't sealed tight, one edge is lifted up so the air gets a tiny amount of exchange.

Back