What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mailing Nepenthes Seed in Michigan Winter

I've been following these "ebay seed buys" from the more reliable ebay sellers, and got a bit excited myself and bought some: N. Maxima, and N. Aristolochioides. I live in Lansing MI, and I want to know if this weather is hospitable to mailing seeds. Thanks!

I've received seed unexpectedly last Feb. from another TF member ( N. pectinata and N. inermis) and I didn't think it would be viable due to outside temps but I got some germination anyway. So if you've already paid for it might as well see what happens, it doesn't store well so best get it and attempt germination asap.

Hmm I wonder where the N. aristolochioides seed originated from.. .

Am I allowed to post the ebay listing for the seeds?

Am I allowed to post the ebay listing for the seeds?

yes.
And as of this week, it is okay to start shipping HL stuff in our area.
All seeds fit into that category.

Didn't say anything about importing laws.
Just that it's okay to post eBay links here and ship seeds where we are.
Personally.. I'll order seeds from anywhere. But that's the extent of my overseas orders.

I'm not sure if those are collected legally though... I ordered like six pods from five different species from albermarelsounds (or something like that) and I was told he actually has a collection license and the seeds he ships are freshly collected and germinate well. Not sure about the other eBay sellers, though some others do have a bigger selection. Quality over quantity. :blush:

Oh lovely, I love breaking the law....... D;

Um pineapple, I ordered them from the same dude, albermarlesounds. I wonder what one needs in malaysia to get a license?

Back