What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. singalana x hamata

Very nice! Yours looks either slightly bigger than mine or like its teeth are bunched tighter.

Sweet. :banana2:

looks like the teeth are coming on well

Lovin' this hybrid.

IMG_4387.jpg

Latest:

Singata.jpg

Dex, these are obviously going to be very richly colored. Much to look forward to, eh!? Mine has also developed a very deep red color; I will try to get a new photo done today.

Paul, yours looks huge! Could you possibly take a picture of the entire plant?

All of you have some very nice looking plants. Thanks for sharing pics!

Paul, yours looks huge! Could you possibly take a picture of the entire plant?

I'll get a plant shot later today. Zooming in on a lone pitcher can be deceiving; that pitcher is really only 1.75" tall, give or take!

I'll get a plant shot later today. Zooming in on a lone pitcher can be deceiving; that pitcher is really only 1.75" tall, give or take!

haha thought that may have been the case. Nonetheless, it definitely looks more mature than mine or the ones I've seen.

mato: here is the actual plant, in a 3" pot:
singalana-hamata-pot.jpg

I have had it since mid-December, and it has put on 3 pitchers since then and each leaf is larger than the previous, so I would say that it is doing very well.

Definitely a bit larger than mine, but I hope to be at that point soon. Didn't you say you were able to hand-pick yours? Lucky son of a...

Looks great Paul. Exactly what I imagined a sing x hamata to look like. Singalana bodies with hamata mouths.. too cool.

Definitely a bit larger than mine, but I hope to be at that point soon. Didn't you say you were able to hand-pick yours? Lucky son of a...

Indeed, I selected that plant out of a batch of about 50 individuals. I chose one that looked to have vigor (bigger than its siblings) but more importantly, I selected one that appeared to have darker coloring and clearly visible teeth on the peristome. I don't know if my choice will pay off in the long run, but I feel like I made a smart choice. (Although if I were truly smart, I would have bought three or four!)

Buy em' all!! And keep the nursery as your gift. :awesome:

Indeed, I selected that plant out of a batch of about 50 individuals. I chose one that looked to have vigor (bigger than its siblings) but more importantly, I selected one that appeared to have darker coloring and clearly visible teeth on the peristome. I don't know if my choice will pay off in the long run, but I feel like I made a smart choice. (Although if I were truly smart, I would have bought three or four!)

haha well, I think you made a wise decision, Paul. That is a very healthy plant. On a side note, I think this cross has earned a place in my heart as a top hybrid.

Buy em' all!! And keep the nursery as your gift. :awesome:

Been there, done that.....too much work!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

haha well, I think you made a wise decision, Paul. That is a very healthy plant. On a side note, I think this cross has earned a place in my heart as a top hybrid.

I think it has great potential. I also acquired one plant of the N. spathulata x hamata cross:
spathulata-hamata.jpg

While it isn't likely to have as much drama in terms of physical features (not as toothy, not as dark in color), it is much more likely to have some SIZE, inherited from N. spathulata. Still, this one does clearly have some color and markings, and evidence of some degree of toothiness; the peristome already shows well-defined ridges and teeth. :)

I refrained from buying the N. talangensis X hamata cross because both of those are smaller species, and both are quite slow growers. The other N. hamata crosses seemed more likely to grow into larger plants and have some vigor. But who knows....maybe I am missing out on an excellent cross. *shrug*

Wow! Yours is definitely the largest I have seen. It makes mine and Mato's look like little runts. :lol:

Definitely some nice teeth already... :0o:

New pitcher on N. singalana X hamata. It's teething!
20120404-201311.jpg

(click to view larger)

Back