What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. singalana x hamata

Jeeez that's a nice plant. I immediately regret not acquiring one at this very moment :cry: :spazz:

Wow! 'Serious teeth on that beast. A very impressive plant.

Sweet! I have spath x ham coming from one place, and from another place I have spath x ham and sing x ham once they get in the states. I'm so excited you pointed me to the sing x ham Paul! I had to track one down. I got signed up for the last one coming in. I hope they all get to the states healthy!!!

Sweet! I have spath x ham coming from one place, and from another place I have spath x ham and sing x ham once they get in the states. I'm so excited you pointed me to the sing x ham Paul! I had to track one down. I got signed up for the last one coming in. I hope they all get to the states healthy!!!

Glad you were able to get on the waiting list fir it, JB! I don't think you'll regret it ;-) I have a second plant of it that is pitchering now, and looks like its going to be very different. ( more green, very pinched waist) I'll post a comparison photo soon as it develops.

Ooohh sounds exciting. I could only afford to put one on the list with everything else I reserved. Would love to see the differences. Trade different clones. Woot. I just got in one of the spath x hamata. Still rather small.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Not to mention I reserved the last one!!!

This is the second of my N. singalana X hamata seedlings to produce a pitcher. This one has produced a larger pitcher than its sibling, and it appears to favor singalana more in coloring and pitcher body shape. I wonder how much red will develop as it ages? Nice an' toothy, though!

sing-hamata02a.jpg

I love these, really kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance. Awesome pic Paul.

Very nice! It's quite green. My plant certainly wont entertain that hue for any longer than it takes the tendril to develop.

I love these, really kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance. Awesome pic Paul.

Thanks!
I'm very pleased to have one dark red/black one, and one green one! At least they're different.

Wow that looks really cool. How big is the pitcher?

It looks like it wants to be redder though - I'm guessing the next pitcher will have more red on it actually given what I've seen out of my plants when they're 'smaller' and just settling in v.s. when they've been in their pots and in the bright light for longer.

Paul, do you really think it will stay green like that? If so, very, very unique.

Here's my little guy:

IMG_4521.jpg

It looks like it wants to be redder though - I'm guessing the next pitcher will have more red on it actually given what I've seen out of my plants when they're 'smaller' and just settling in v.s. when they've been in their pots and in the bright light for longer.

I'm sure there will be more anthocycnanin develop in the weeks ahead, but this plant had zero red on it until the day it opened, whereas the other clones had a lot of dark red long before it opened, so who knows. Time will tell!

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Paul, do you really think it will stay green like that? If so, very, very unique.

Here's my little guy:

IMG_4521.jpg

Naw, I doubt it will stay that green. But I doubt it will darken as much as my other clone, which looks a lot like yours! Very exciting, ain't it?!

Yes, it's definitely the most species-like hybrid in my collection. Really glad I pounced on it.

I sure hope I get one. I'm on the waiting list. Just did get in both forms of singulana though. Thru are sweet. This I'd looking nice!!!

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

I was told by the supplier I should be the last sing x ham he is getting in.

They have it in both Tujuh and Belirang forms? I didn't know that..

I think he was saying that he just got both forms of singalana and is now waiting for this hybrid...

Sweet plant mato. ;)

I think he was saying that he just got both forms of singalana and is now waiting for this hybrid...

Sweet plant mato. ;)

haha I was going to say... what in the barnacle..

Update: this is clone 1 of my two, updated photo. Look at that peristome!
singalana-hamata05.jpg

What a magnificent pitcher!

Wish I had grabbed one of these up when they were available.:headwall:

Back