What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally!! Jamban seedlings

I ordered some seed from a certain eBay seller who is mostly considered trustworthy. I sowed the seed on January 13th. After 2 months I finally have germination. Just noticed them yesterday. I had kinda forgot about them after checking them nearly daily for a few weeks. Seems that's when most people find they germinate. Hopefully with a little TLC I will have some seed grown Nepenthes jamban to trade in the future. :-D Some seed was also sent to BigBella for TC, hopefully we have some success there as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Awesome! Good luck with those! I have seeds OTW too!

Wonderful! I'm hoping to try seeds again this year. I had no luck last year. That's great you got these to come up.

congrats! hoping more pop up for you!

Some seed was also sent to BigBella for TC, hopefully we have some success there as well.

I think that there are a few sprouts in one of the jars; but it can happen over a few months . . .

Nice jammy sprouts.

2 months seems like a short enough wait.

How soon do you all start to fertilize?

How soon do you all start to fertilize?

I wouldn't bother until they are a few centimeters across, until the second or third true leaves are produced. Nepenthes, depending upon the species, are far too touchy at that early age, and easily prone to burning and rot. The general -- safer -- recommendation among many growers I know and respect, is a first dilute (1:4 strength) fertilization at about six months

A fairly scholarly treatment of the subject -- and probably more than you would ever care to know -- can be found at: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/samples/Cult331NepSeedlings.htm

Last edited:
Back