What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be leary of a guy known as [REDACTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to show the maturity of this guy :lol:, anyway so I commented on the thread in [REDACTED], this is what I said :

"I'm sorry but JB is right in saying that they will not make shipping. Also, the plants look like they have bad root rot and you can not blame that on cold weather. I dont know JB very well but he is a very nice, honest guy and has a lot of experience. I think you should give him a full refund and let him keep the plants so they have at least a slim chance of survival. Those plants obviously looked like that when you shipped them out."

His eloquent and well thought out response that he pmed to me:

"say out of grown folks biz lil kid!!"

What a mature and intelligent fellow :rolleyes:

Ridiculous! I didn't even know about that forum. :lol: I feel like a Noob.

holey cow thats a disgrace to the CP's I hope the 2 that you have that looks "decent" will survive and flourish in your care.

How in the world is he trying to sell that for 60? I would pay no more then 10 for that nep! thanks for the heads up

Heli if thats a quote from what he said i would laugh even harder, hes being immature for not admitting a mistake and at least apologizing for the fact there of but let alone its more imature of him to be selling a plant that looks like its about to croak. Just from looking at the VFTs in the background of that one pic even those dont look too happy to say the least

Its the exact quote :lol:

If someone wants their money back they can't complain when people ask for the product to be sent back regardless of its condition. If he sent dirt he can ask for it back if you want your money back. Yes he should pay for shipping, but that's it. I just would stay away from his trades in the future.

I apologize in advance but it looks like I need to share some differences of opinion with many (or all) of the posters in this thread. I've read all of the posts here & over on the [REDACTED] (Doom added his post while I was writing mine - looks like we agree - he just said it in a lot fewer words).

I do agree that many of these plants are in horrible shape (duh). However, I saw the post on the other forum (before JB posted here) and remember thinking after I saw the N. platychila - "wow, that plant's total garbage - who would ever want to buy that?" and then "a few of the others don't look horrible but why would I ever buy from a guy with all those issues?". I then proceeded further down in the thread and saw all of the people who expressed interest & thought "wow - that's just crazy....".

JB saw all the same things I saw & still decided to purchase plants from this guy. He received the plants and didn't like what he saw. The seller agreed to take the plants back and return both the original money and the cost of shipping. How is this wrong? JB would lose nothing except some wasted time - which imo, is a small price to pay for the lessons learned here.

JB believes (as do several other people) that he should receive a full refund and be allowed to keep the plants. Why? What part of this deal warrants JB receiving these plants for free?

- the seller didn't disclose the condition >> he posted many pics of sick or dying plants. In addition, at least one other buyer asked for (& received) pics of the plants he was buying.
- the plants will die on the return trip >> that's a risk the seller is willing to take - why doesn't he have the right to ask for the plants to be returned in exchange for a refund?

I'm obviously seeing things differently than the majority of people on this thread. I do not mean to pick on JB but I find it difficult to see things from his perspective and draw the same conclusions ....

No I definitely agree with you to a certain extent, Ron.

If he's going to refund the money then it makes sense to send back the plant. Though it is a shame to think that the plant probably wont survive (if not the return trip, then the conditions that the seller provides). N. ventricosa x hamata is so nice!

Anyway, it is also true that JB didn't think it through quite enough before making the transaction. I personally almost never trade or buy anything without seeing pictures before hand. Even then, I am very leery until they actually arrive.

I apologize in advance but it looks like I need to share some differences of opinion with many (or all) of the posters in this thread. I've read all of the posts here & over on the other forum (Doom added his post while I was writing mine - looks like we agree - he just said it in a lot fewer words).

I do agree that many of these plants are in horrible shape (duh). However, I saw the post on the other forum (before JB posted here) and remember thinking after I saw the N. platychila - "wow, that plant's total garbage - who would ever want to buy that?" and then "a few of the others don't look horrible but why would I ever buy from a guy with all those issues?". I then proceeded further down in the thread and saw all of the people who expressed interest & thought "wow - that's just crazy....".

JB saw all the same things I saw & still decided to purchase plants from this guy. He received the plants and didn't like what he saw. The seller agreed to take the plants back and return both the original money and the cost of shipping. How is this wrong? JB would lose nothing except some wasted time - which imo, is a small price to pay for the lessons learned here.

JB believes (as do several other people) that he should receive a full refund and be allowed to keep the plants. Why? What part of this deal warrants JB receiving these plants for free?

- the seller didn't disclose the condition >> he posted many pics of sick or dying plants. In addition, at least one other buyer asked for (& received) pics of the plants he was buying.
- the plants will die on the return trip >> that's a risk the seller is willing to take - why doesn't he have the right to ask for the plants to be returned in exchange for a refund?

I'm obviously seeing things differently than the majority of people on this thread. I do not mean to pick on JB but I find it difficult to see things from his perspective and draw the same conclusions ....

MHM that's how I feel. The only price paid by JB would be some time and a trip to the post office. TBH if all plant shipping worked like that where you could get a full refund and you just haveto ship the stuff back, I'd be much more willing to do it and the sellers would be at a greater risk because they end up with lost/neardead plants AND lost time. The buyer just loses time and gets his money back.

What part of the moniker, [REDACTED], doesn't sound sketchy -- sort of like dealing with the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe -- or Doctor Payne (my actual dentist)?

Sorry to hear of the problem . . .

LMFAO I was gonna say something about the name but I chose not to. I give people credit for dealing with Doomsday hahahaha

Ron I always respect your step back and look at the big picture approach. The issue is, only him and I saw the private emails. I don't trust him to give a refund. Seems like that type of person from his attitude from jump street. Only plant I was worried about was vent x ham. Others are bad yes but nothing I cannot restore to good health.

Also Ron. If you notice pics of the plants I got were not posted. I started dealing before he edited his post.

I think Ron and Doomsday said it all very well. Why should you, JB, get a refund AND be entitled to keep the plants? And [REDACTED] is offering a full refund as long as you return the plant. Seems fair enough to me.
I don't trust him to give a refund.
I've had a long relationship with[REDACTED] in which we've completed many trades and sales. I can vouch for his trustworthiness.

I have since been in contact with him vie text and will speak with him later today regarding this matter. I took the tones of his emails to be that which he probably isn't. The communications today have been nothing but pleasant.

And just FYI. The email I originally sent to [REDACTED] was mearly to relay the disappointment. It was then after that the situation escalated. As I said I'm sure the tones of the emails came across different than intended. He has some funny emphasis areas in his emails. I never wanted a refund and I even asked if he would trade out the plant. That would entail me sending the plant in question back. ;-) then the emails went down hill and I had to step away to chill. He offered his number and I contacted him.

The last thing I want is hard feelings. Not once did I scream I want a refund. I will not go into more details of the emails. I think enough drama has been started.

I agree with ron. Honestly I always ask for pictures before I buy a plant, and if I don't like something in the picture I ask for more to see if I am right or if maybe it's a bad angle (ask Mass :p). That is your responsibility as a smart consumer and buyer. He offered you a full refund for the plants if you send them back. Either take the offer or stop crying.

SSS I'm getting sick of being called the bad guy now. I admitted it was haisty to buy them so quickly, but the rajah I wanted was already bought out from under me I didn't want that to happen to the rest. It is obvious some people are commenting before they read everything. You also don't know the whole ins and outs of the email transactions. Now that is enough. I'm getting angry. So what if it was not how you would have done it. I was trying tp not loose a plant. Forget the fact I probably wanted to.

Mods please lock this thread the issue is resolved.

So you made an entire topic, which the first 3 pages are full of people bashing the guy, and then a few people say it might be your fault and ohh no, lets close this thread.

And nobody is calling you a bad guy. There is a difference between holding some responsibility and being a bad guy.

I never asked him to be bashed. I personally would have not tried to sell these plants. Also I already admired I rushed in buying them. Wanted to show what I received and to make it a leason learned for others to be Leary. Never said don't buy from him. Just giving heads up to get pictures. I never got pictures. And it seemed if I didn't commit to buy right then and there I would loose to others. So in this situation I bought the plants and that was what I got. I was put off by the tone in his emails at first. That is why I posted. Because if he was going to be snippy with me others should know to have all the info. You wouldn't know that cause you didn't finish reading what I posted. I never asked for a refund. Instead I got two emails in caps stating send them all back when the main plant I was talking about was vent x ham. Like I said leason learned. But you want to continue to point out how I am wrong for complaining after he offered a refund. People still need to be careful with anyone.

So i will day it again, I am in contact with [REDACTED] and things are getting fixed.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I don't consider the fact he sold plants looking like that my fault. And I already aired my haste to buy in fear of bring sold out from under me.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Ok please lock and delete this thread if possible. I am keeping all but the vent x ham. It is being shipped back tomorrow with a full refund plus shipping. It was a misunderstanding in emails and Mike was a pleasure to speak with on the phone. I think it is safe to say this is resolved.

Sorry I am late getting to this. We try and avoid public disputes over trades for the very reason outlined in this thread: misunderstandings happen and rarely is it productive to make negative comments about others (especially when they are not members or regular members). I have removed all personally identifiable information.

I'm glad this got resolved.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back