What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple Nepenthes snapshots

Just snapped these shots this evening and figured I would share! Hope you enjoy!

N. truncata x ovata (new pitcher/colored up)
IMG_1354.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG

N. lowii x truncata, such a stunning cross
IMG_1348.JPG

N. lowii x veitchii - Another promising EP cross
IMG_1350.JPG

N. truncata x veitchii - Getting big but not showing much of any coloring!

IMG_1355.JPG

N. lowii x campanulata - The uppers are finally starting to show that lowii-esque upper peristome

IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG

N. truncata - Even after flowering, this guy just keeps on putting on a show!!
IMG_1357.JPG

Thanks for looking :)

Wow! You have some gorgeous plants. I really like the truncata x ovata...wow!

Wow, lovely plants. I like all the lowii hybrids.

Amazing plants! I like how richly coloured they are, you must have some killer lighting

Lowii x campanulata :drool:

Thank you for the kind works!

JB: I knew I was forgetting something! I'll snap some pictures of the orchids I hung up, a few are already throwing out new leaves, what a quick recovery!

Excellent plants! I love the truncata!

What Pineapple said!

Nice work Yann!

Beautiful! That lowii x campa is so dark! LOVE IT.

What Pineapple said!

Nice work Yann!

Beautiful! That lowii x campa is so dark! LOVE IT.

Thanks guys! This is one of my favorite plants, I just can't believe how quickly it grows! Very unlike lowii. It does accumulate a nice copious amount of that white nectar on older pitchers, adds a nice contrast to everything!

Wow Yann!

Everything is looking great!!

very nice neps....that lowii x campanulata cross almost looks like a solid dark version of attenboroughii. and huge! im glad it managed to keep some of its campanulata traits- i know maxima x campanulata loses campy traits. great growing!

Wow Yann!

Everything is looking great!!

Thanks Keith, I do what I can with my indoor setup. It's only second class though next to your setup :)

very nice neps....that lowii x campanulata cross almost looks like a solid dark version of attenboroughii. and huge! im glad it managed to keep some of its campanulata traits- i know maxima x campanulata loses campy traits. great growing!

Thanks Amph! I've been pleasantly surprised with this clone as it seems to get the best of both species as far as color and growth rate. IME it seems to colors up quite well even under relatively low lighting. Definitely a keeper!

Yann, your neps look great, stunning indeed

So happy I was able to save my truncata x ovata. Can't wait for it to put some size back on.

Snapped a couple more shots tonight as I was cleaning things up. I really enjoy older pitchers on N. lowii x campanulata just for the nice contrast of nectar accumulation against the dark pitcher lid. Did my best to snap some decent shots but I don't have the photography arsenal that some of your pros out there have :p
Hope you enjoy!

IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG

Hahaha that looks like one of those internet memes where I'm expecting one more picture - the whole pitcher covered in that goop :p

That is truly raunchy. You need some tree shrews to clean that stuff up!

stunning great cross,might sound silly but is that a lower

Back