What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x Hookeriana HELP

I went out to see my plants this morning and found this:0o:. All seemed ok 2 days ago when I saw it last. The leaves are droopy and the top leaves have gone soft and limp. The leaves were quiet strong before.

Any ideas what might be wrong or what I might have done? All my other neps growing beside it look fine for now.

IMG_7823.jpg

It looks like it either dried out or, got too hot / too cold.

I'll water it at once, let the water drain until the medium is just moist then I'll put the entire pot inside a clear plastic bag and seal the bag. I'll put it away from the sun, and put it on a place where it receives only bright light (no direct sunlight).

It could take weeks before the plant recovers (if it's not yet too late). Wait until you see a new leaf come out or until the older leaves start to look normal again. That's the time when you slowly introduce the plants to lesser humidity. You can start by punching a few holes onto the plastic bag until it is ready to be taken out of the plastic completely.

Patience is crucial.

Definitely looks like it dried out..

What is the media? If it's too dense, the roots could be "choked" in a sense, and not absorbing the water.

Looks like a plants that went from high humidity to low humidity without given a chace to aclimate.

Thanks for the help.

Some info I should have added at the start. It has been raining 12 of the last 15 days and my neps get wet when it rains. The pots were still moist the media is pierlite some sort of bark and seems to be free draining.

I was with out net after posting and the tag says keep in warm position. (only one with that note from that seller).

So I gave it extra morning sun yesterdan and this morning and this is the reslut below.

The leaves are standing back up and are firm again. It pretty much looks as it has for the last 12 months I have had it (appart from the morning I started this post).

It is strange but it looks ok for now ???

IMG_7830.jpg

Back