What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

turning 1 aristo into 3

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
This aristo was originally one main stalk.. but shot out a double growth point side shoot shortly after arrival here.

Here's the plant prior to dividing.

IMG_1295.jpg

Of 3 growth points, I was able to divide it into 2 rooted sections. The 2 smaller growth points are still sharing.. for now.

IMG_1296.jpg

Roots emerging from the larger stalk

IMG_1293.jpg

The larger growth point, now on it's own

IMG_1299.jpg

The two smaller growth points still have some growing to do before I'm able to split them up.

IMG_1298.jpg

Are you sure that's an aristo ? The pitchers don't look round enough and the lid placement doesn't look right either. Looks a lot like another member's "aristo" that is an obvious hybrid. Where did it come from ?

huh thats odd.

Are you sure that's an aristo ? The pitchers don't look round enough and the lid placement doesn't look right either. Looks a lot like another member's "aristo" that is an obvious hybrid. Where did it come from ?

It's 100% N. aristolochoides. I can probably dig up some pics from when the plant first arrived. The main stalk had 3 pitchers that were unmistakably all aristo. Since then the main stalk died shortly after popping out these 3 growth points. Just immature baby pitchers is all.

I mean wouldnt it be kind of hard to tell if it was a hybrid or not with immature baby pitchers since they look nothing like the adults?

All I could find was the last pic I took of it once it started it's decline.

100_7619.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I feel like there is a lot of pitch-fork rustling going on around here about fake aristolochioides. These plants are way too young to be certain.

Fake aristos? Haven't heard that one yet.
All I know is that even sickly looking in that last pic, it's obviously aristo. Don't think anyone wants to dispute that, or am I wrong? ???

Yeah that plants is obviously plastic.. sorry dude its fake.

Obviously photoshopped. The shadows are all wrong.
This was made on the same sound stage as the moon landing.

Come on guys lets be serious... that's clearly a D. Capensis. Sorry to break it to you man..

I got an aristo from Wistuba that didn't look like the BE aristo I'd gotten previously. I'd say this thing looks like a Wistuba aristo if it's originally from one of the bigger nurseries. Also, the multiple growth-points are something I'm used to seeing from some of his plants (Doorman's Top #1, Helis I've gotten from him, last faizaliana I got from him, etc.).

Here's a couple shots of my AW
DSC_0050.jpg

P9110023.jpg

P8110011.jpg

P7080044.jpg

You know your stuff Thez, it did indeed originate from AW. :bigthumpup:

haha.. the moon landing. That made me laugh.

Lol! Not fake, but mislabeled hybrids I guess. I'm not disputing it I'm quite certain that yours is true aristolochioides.

Back