What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my quick´n dirty basement setup

This calls for the prostrate emoticon: :hail:

not to be confused with a prostate emote..

Love your macro. I like how it's growing all nice and compact.

this has to be my favorite basement setup...i'm not really into the expensive/rare nepenthes species, i just love the whole setup with the mysterious colors and atmosphere. everything looks so healthy. and to think that all this is happening in a basement with LEDs...crazy what some people are capable of.
really wonderful, hope it gets even better for you.

really like this "quick n dirty" setup......hate to see what the op considers clean and professional. lol. Proof is in the results and the plants say they like it dirty!

Wow,t hank you for all the nice comments. I´m pleased that you like the setup....
@Maxima not all plants are grown under LED. just a part of them. the others are still grown with a HPS lamp but this lamp will soon swaped out for LED

Looks great. Do you have link for the LED lighting system you are using?

No sorry I don't have any links. Because we( me and wistuba) made many researches about LED and we ordered directly from the factory's in china. You can have a look on the website I started a few months ago( www.jb-botanics.com sorry but no time for updates)
The led lamp in my basement is a UFO lamp with 90w. It have 2w led chips if I remember right.
What we found is that light ropes with 5050 chipset work very very well and on the German forum we made our first group order. The ropes work awesome

Had some time to take a few new pics guys
vaccinum sp. Sumatra

N aristo

N. burbidgeae x fusca

N. ed..

N. ed...

LED Test plant N. fusca

N. sibuyanensis x flava

N. vogelii

Why the 2 different media types for the 2 eddys? Experimenting?

No, i´m just running out of sphagnum :p

Love that sib x flava that seems to be floating around Europe, and of course everything else looks great.

Are you happy with the results of the LEDs?

Thanks.
I love the LEDs. I changed all the lights in my TC lab in the whining of the year and now I start to change the lights on my collection too. Never go back to usual lights.

I skipped over the LED train and went with more T5HO's. I know these don't have a lot of distance on their light output though.. How is the penetration of the LED light? Do they need to be right on top of the plants to work well?

Hi. No they don't need to be right over the plants. The lamp in my basement is 1,50m above the plants and it is only 90w. The neps and helis love it

Jens,
What photoperiod do you use for your lights? Do you vary the timing throughout the year?

I've been considering how I want to eventually update my lighting, maybe I should consider LED... Hadn't considered it seriously before.
Plants look great :)

Ron the lights are turned on for 12hrs

That N. burbidgeae x fusca.... Too nice. All your plants are too nice. What I wouldn't give to have even just a couple of those!

Back