What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a truncata seedling

Will you be keeping it in your terrarium? You should leave it in the bag for a couple weeks and slowly cut holes like you said.

I probably will. I just set up my 55 gallon finally and will use my old 20 gallon for seedlings like this. But if it doesn't eventually go outside I'd grow all my truncatas indoors as houseplants.

It would probably be safer to keep them inside with good humidity.

Thanks, I thought you'd like it. They're growing pretty fast. I think there are five more on the way.

Rich, ventricosa grows pretty quick and truncata more slowly so it's probably going to take a little while longer for them to get a few inches. N. villosa takes forever though :0o:

This is true...Should have accounted for species difference. Still, potting up individually and carfully fertilizing works wonders nonetheless.

I'm very pleased with my growth rate and that's what I have done. My oldest one is working on its second pitcher.

Im doing the same thing with rafflesiana seeds they are yet to germinate

Well good luck with your rafflesiana. They can take a long time. I was about to throw mine out when I found a tiny sprout. They are much smaller than truncatas.

Back