What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes in mail question.

I recently bought some plants from an company in Malaysia, went through the process of getting all the permits I need and so on. The plants according to them were shipped out on the 19th, but that's where it seems the package gets lost. The last tracking information the company and I have is that it was still in Malaysia on the 23rd. I've tried contacting USDA and to see if they happen to have my package with no luck. So my question is how long can Nepenthes survive in a shipment?

If they are well packed; sealed in bags, several weeks. The process of importation can take some time, as you well know; and it may take a while on the US end, while everything gets examined . . .

Ok cool, thanks. I wasn't too worried about it since the company is pretty reputable. But when they asked me to try to figure out where my package was got me concerned.

Back