What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally have time to take several pics. Enjoying :-O

N. hamata, (AW clone 1)
hamata2.jpg

N. x trusmadiensis, (BE Clone 2)
a new one
TM1.jpg

an old one:
TM2.jpg

N. x dyeriana
dyeriana3.jpg

dyeriana4.jpg

N. Dormouse
dormouse.jpg

N. jacquelineae
jacq.jpg

N. jamban
jamban2.jpg

jamban1.jpg

N. talangensis
talan2.jpg

talan1.jpg

N. talangensis x veitchii,
talanxveichi2.jpg

N. aristolochioides, seed grown
This clone is very unique. It often grows two pitchers in one single leaf.
arist1.jpg

See the two pitchers from the same leaf?
arist3.jpg

And its strange vine:
arist2.jpg

N. albomarginata (Gunung Jerai), seed grown
alb.jpg

N. mikei
upper pitcher
IMG_6727.jpg

N. thorelii (d)
upper pitcher:
thorelii2.jpg

N. ventricosa
upper pitcher:
vent.jpg

N. eymae x jacquelineae
eymaexjacq2.jpg

eymaexjacq.jpg

eymaexjacq5.jpg

Last edited:
All gorgeous but holy smokes, what is up with that aristo?

Each leaf grows two pitchers? Wow you might have a highly sought after plant on your hands :p

awesome plants zhillin!

Is the double pitcher a regular happening or just this once?

Very nice plants!

Great to finally see some pics from you on TF, Zhilin! Love the plants, buddy. Your old macro is doing great, in case you were wondering.

Now.. I know you've got an eddie hidden away in your collection...

Yay. I love when you spoil us with pic updates.
That aristo is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
And your talangensis x veitchii looks to be the elusive talangensis x veitchii HL. :0o: Very nice.
Is that the same hamata you have on the proboards right now?

N. aristolochioides, seed grown
This clone is very unique.

And not to point out the obvious, but I think you contradicted yourself. Is there such thing as a seed grown clone? :p

Nice plants zhillin, thanks for sharing! I really liked the N. eymae x jacquelineae and scalloped N. jamban

Wow, you're doing great! :love:

Wonderful collection! Dat is one crazy aristro. Never heard of anything like that before.

I love the trusmadiensis and jacq too. Wowee..

very nice plants ,nice to see a talang

EVERY leaf makes two pitchers?? :0o:

Amazing plants, all around.

Lovely. Very enjoyable to look at. Love the red albomarginata the mikei and the ventricosa.

Finominal plants. Amazing

The jamban is just amazing. I really like the tm too.

Great looking plants. Love your trusmadiensis!

Is there such thing as a seed grown clone?
Yep, theyre all seed grown:p.

If we were to take cuttings of nepenthes robcantleyi queen of hearts and sell them, they would be sold as cuttings of nepenthes Robcantleyi queen of hearts clone? even though the mother plant came from seed?
I think zhi used the world clone to refer to his seed grown aristo as a specific individual . Eg aristo twin pitcher clone ?

And not to point out the obvious, but I think you contradicted yourself. Is there such thing as a seed grown clone? :p

The term clone simply means a unique individual. There is nothing implied in the deffinition to indicate method of reproduction.

So a group of 200 plants comprised of 10 different clones from tc. Simply says there are 10 unique individual plants in the group. A group of 200 plants from seed is comprised of 200 clones, ie 200 individual unique plants.

N. aristolochioides is known for growing weirdly quite frequently. Most people attribute it to environmental conditions, primarily too warm temperatures. Who can say for certain...

Back