What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
Which Nepenthes should I choose to move first out to my greenhouse? My newest addition has spent its entire life with me (1 week) in the greenhouse. I just moved out my N. x 'Ventrata'. I want to be strategic about this so that if one does poorly with the move, I won't move another that does poorly. Here's what I need help choosing which to move first/last...

Decided... (due to size)

N. ventricosa x talangensis - 12" tall, 8" leaves - 1st
N. alata Spotted - 6" tall, 6" leaves - 2nd
N. boschiana x mira - 6" tall, 6" leaves - 2nd

Undecided...

N. jacquelineae - 3" tall, 4" leaves
N. x 'Peter D'amato' x maxima - 4" tall, 5" leaves
N. truncata Pasian Highlands - 1" tall, 1" leaves
N. singlana 'Belirang' - 2" tall, 3.5" leaves
N. vogelii - 2" tall, 3" leaves
N. densiflora x spectabilis - 2" tall, 3" leaves

I really have no clue what to start with for the smaller ones. If somebody would be able to give me some ideas on which to move first, that would be great. None of them have been sensitive for me since I've had them in a terrarium for the time I've had them. I've lowered the humidity to around 70% day/night in the terrarium, which is as low as I can go without dropping the humidity into the 40% range.

Just label all you can in the order you would move them. Thanks! :)

I would move the D'amato x maxima out first, then maybe the densiflora x spectabilis, purely on the basis of that they are hybrids and are generally quite hardy. Especially the first one, half maxima, a quarter ventricosa, it should be fine.

i agree with dex. move out your largest hybrids first, then move into intermediate, then highland

I would move the D'amato x maxima out first, then maybe the densiflora x spectabilis, purely on the basis of that they are hybrids and are generally quite hardy. Especially the first one, half maxima, a quarter ventricosa, it should be fine.

I was actually hesitant to move that one out. It's technically my most expensive one along with the new hybrid that's been out in the greenhouse for a while, although I did get the price marked down on both, even more so on the D'amato x maxima since it was the first Nepenthes I had ever bought from the vendor my first time there. It's one of my favorites, so it's not just the expensiveness factor to why I don't want to move it first, but I know it makes the most sense to move it out first, so I guess I'll move it out after the N. boschiana x mira and N. alata Spotted since those are larger.

i agree with dex. move out your largest hybrids first, then move into intermediate, then highland

They're all highlanders, but the most are the exact same size. I'm curious which species would be best to move out first.

Decided...

N. ventricosa x talangensis - 12" tall, 8" leaves - 1st
N. alata Spotted - 6" tall, 6" leaves - 2nd
N. boschiana x mira - 6" tall, 6" leaves - 2nd
N. x 'Peter D'amato' x maxima - 4" tall, 5" leaves - 3rd

Undecided...

What order should the undecided ones be moved out in?

I have seven nepenthes out on the greenhouse so far. Here's what I have left in the order I'm going to move them out...

If anyone thinks I should reconsider the order, please let me know. I'm probably over-thinking this, I treat these plants like babies. :jester:

EDIT: Just realized that is the order of how I like the plants... Maybe I'm biased...

Back