What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey all,

Here are some pictures of my windowsill setup. I don't have much space in this tiny room, so i try to cram as many plants in this zone as possible. Anyway, pictures!

View 1
S6300947.jpg

View 2
S6300931.jpg

Little N. 'Black Night'
S6300932.jpg

SG Dubia finally making another pitcher
S6300933.jpg

Nice N. 'Song of Melancholy'
S6300935.jpg

N. 'Jungle Bells'
S6300941.jpg

N. mikei
S6300943.jpg

Little baby
S6300944.jpg

N. rajah
S6300945.jpg

N. inermis
S6300948.jpg

I thought this picture was kinda cool
S6300942.jpg

N. jamban seedlings
S6300940.jpg

I have a bunch of this interesting mini-vine thing. If anyone wants seeds just let me know.
S6300951.jpg

A very tiny flower
S6300952.jpg

Anyone know what this is? I picked it up a few weeks ago, and i think it's starting to grow a little bit.
S6300937.jpg

That's all for now!

Nice! Looks like you are off to a good start. I believe the last plant is an orchid of some kind, but I could be wrong.

I also think the picture that you thought was neat is neat. Those are the type of pictures I enjoy. :p

Very nice, your neps are looking good fellow windowsill grower :)

The plant in question looks like "Silver Squill".

Oh hmmm... your stuff is doing so well that maybe I need to give my 'chids more light cuz yeah... :lol: Mine are decidedly in a shadier spot than the neps which might be bad after looking at your pics...

Nice collection you got there :) Lookin good!

Everything looks really good! Nice little spot you've got there. :bigthumpup:

Very nice, Roxor!

looks awesome !

Brilliant considering it's all windowsill grown!

Thanks everyone! I'll try to keep this updated as things grow (or whatever may happen)

Oh hmmm... your stuff is doing so well that maybe I need to give my 'chids more light cuz yeah... Mine are decidedly in a shadier spot than the neps which might be bad after looking at your pics...

Actually I'm not sure if mine are very happy either. I got one from my grandma right before all of hers froze one night ( :-( ) so I'm just trying to keep it alive. Since January it's only made one pitiful leaf that's half yellow oh well

The plant in question looks like "Silver Squill".

Yeah I think you're right. I was hoping it'd be something that would make nice flowers at least, but after looking it up...

Sweet! I'm trying to get a windowsill setup going myself, too. I botched it last time because I didn't keep up with watering, and I let the plants go too long in direct sun. A more moderate and thoughtful approach this time around, and a drip watering system :), and I think I'll be able to get some good results.

Great looking plants!

Nice, very nice set up and use of the space. Good job :-D

Sweet! I'm trying to get a windowsill setup going myself, too. I botched it last time because I didn't keep up with watering, and I let the plants go too long in direct sun. A more moderate and thoughtful approach this time around, and a drip watering system :), and I think I'll be able to get some good results.

Great looking plants!

Yeah once it starts getting warm up in here I find myself watering maybe every 1-2 days sometimes. My room is also above a cement parking lot and is pretty dry usually so that's a bummer for my plants.

The only problem with my windowsill is that I don't have room for more! :<

A quick update:

Interesting peristome notches
S6300955.jpg

Dubia opened
S6300956.jpg

'Black Knight'
S6300958.jpg

Tiny Ceph
S6300960.jpg

'Jungle Bells'
S6300975.jpg

Looking good. I am so jealous of your dubia, very nice plant. :p

I hate people like you for having nicer neps that me! :censor:

Love the dubia and that first one. Both very cool!

I see more than 1 tiny ceph. Are those seedlings?

The mini-vine thing is a weed and makes nice groundcover (outside of CPs.) I would get rid of it.

I see more than 1 tiny ceph. Are those seedlings?

Good eye! When I got them earlier this year, there were two seedlings in the pot. In my attempt to cut off a dead leaf, I accidentally uprooted one of the plants. Anyway, it has managed to recover so far and actually split into two plants (making those pitiful tiny pitchers on the left). But hey, it's still growing!

Back