What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

d'aww.. still babies. In time that pot will be too small. :p

how do you grow dubia on a windowsill????

how high does your humidity get

Nice looking collection!

Lady Paulicula then with them fangs? Your plants look happy, healthy, and fantastic :awesome: Thanks for sharing!

kevnep
how do you grow dubia on a windowsill?

how high does your humidity get

The humidity is much higher at night, maybe reaching 75% on a good day (right now it's 70%). During the day though it's usually around 50%. Sometimes during the winter it dropped to 30% or so (thanks to the heater). I'm just glad it's pitchering again after not doing anything since like October.

Interestingly, the side of the pitcher that gets sunlight is more of a light green with some red while the other side is turning much more reddish. I'll try to get a picture sometime.

Now if only my pitiful rajah would grow well too...

thez_yo
Lady Paulicula then with them fangs? Your plants look happy, healthy, and fantastic Thanks for sharing!

I think it's supposed to be 'Gothica' but it's hard to tell so far. But yeah, no idea how those notches happened, first time.

Thanks everyone!

Some updates:

N. inermis looking good

S6301002.jpg

N. mikei

S6301004.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x copelandii

S6301008.jpg

N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis (I think I've mislabeled it as 'Jungle Bells' ever since I bought it oops)

S6301016.jpg

I thought this was cool

NSongofMelancholy.gif

I potted my little ceph into this nice ceramic finally, now I just need to wait for it to grow

S6301011.jpg

And seedlings!

S6301015.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe looks like the pitcher crushed a seedling in the last pic! :D
Very nice plants, I especially like the mikei ;)

I still see more than one ceph in there.

Jungle Bells _IS_ a cross of ventricosa x sibuyanensis. :)

Nice pics love the inermis!! Look out, that seedling is about to get crushed by the pitcher! Just curious, but what species or hybrid are those seedlings?

The seedlings should be little jambans, but I won't know for sure for quite a while.

Yeah, there's one "bigger" ceph, and two little itty bitty ceph-lets that I tend not to count :-D

True that 'Jungle Bells' is vent x sib, but I bought the plant as vent x sib with no reference to the 'Jungle Bells' part. I added that erroneously a while ago for some reason.
If I understand right, 'Jungle Bells' is one version of the vent x sib cross? Other vent x sib plants would be similar, but not named 'Jungle Bells' right? ( I could be wrong dunno)

Small update.
Just came back from a nursery open house with this:
:spazz::spazz::spazz::spazz:
S6301031.jpg

Newest pitcher
S6301030.jpg

Older pitcher
S6301039.jpg

S6301040.jpg

In other news:
New mikei pitcher

S6301037.jpg

Rajah looking happier
S6301036.jpg

I think 'Black Knight' making a new one
S6301038.jpg

Small maxima x eustachia in small pot
S6301033.jpg

and tiny seeds!
S6301034.jpg

(sorry for the bad quality images oops)
Enjoy!

Hey Roxor, which side is the window facing ? I am growing mine outside as well, wondering about your conditions.

This is a south-facing window that gets about 4 hours of direct sun and is pretty bright for the rest of the day. Pretty dry here though, so I try to spray often when I can.

Ah cool thanks, I have a southern window as well. It's a wonder yours are pitchering without any cover, only Albomarginata pitchered in dry conditions for me. I had to take the rest outside to increase the humidity.

I leave the window itself open 24/7, so cool night air can come in when it pleases. Maybe that helps a bit I dunno.

Nice platns! And I'm guessing you got a robcantleyi? If so, hope it gets some big pitchers on it soon!

Yup! There goes my food money for the next few weeks -_-

Robcantleyi looks great! And what are they seedlings of? ???

Back