What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes attenboroughii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heli

villosaholic
Look what I just found in the mail! This little bugger looks pretty happy considering it just came all the way from Sri Lanka. I would say the plant is about 1" in diameter :woot:
IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:
Cute little plant :) Now make it grow fast so you can show us pitcher pictures!!

Thanks! :p Im surprised it was shipped potted. I thought there was a "no substrate aloud" rule for international plants :scratch:

make shore there are no Orangutangs hiding in it lol

there is "a no substrate" policy for international export.... your contact must have done that for you.... nice plant. best of luck growing it up!

nope, I checked... no 30' boas or any orangutans either.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

amp, it was sealed in the "BE style". Also it is in the same net pot from the pic BE provided.

It looks very promising; and it is definitely nice to see the species in cultivation . . .

Thanks David! I hope it doesn't grow as fast as villosa :lol:

@heli: that's interesting. is that plant SG or TCed? maybe it's because it was SG that they shipped it potted?

maybe ??? It is sg though

I believe they are all SG, that is why people are afraid of a possible hybrid, and we know how amph feels about that.

Congrats on the nice N. attenboroughii, don't kill it :)

Last edited:
I dont understand why people think there is a possible hybrid. There are no other nepenthes that grow with attenboroughii.

Cool! I hope it does well! I wonder why all the experienced growers in Europe had so much trouble with this species?

Huh thats odd. It is an intermediate so it shouldn't be that hard. I remember Jeremiah telling me that it loves humidity so maybe thats why ???

I believe the euros were keeping them too cold

how cold is to cold?

70 in the day....50 at night..intermediate is more like 60 at night and 75-80 in the day.

uh oh, it might not like my winter temps then :lol:

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Although Jeremiah grows his at HL temps and it does great.

Yeah people said hamiguitanensis/peltata were intermediates too, and after keeping them highland for a while and then in a LL-ish terra, I'd go with keeping it a little warmer. And if it's straight from BE I'd say you've got a 3mo wait til it budges even a cm of growth and keep it bagged and misted at all times :ohno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back