What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month July 2012

This boy is becoming my favourite:-

N. truncata x veitchii 'H/L striped'

004-21.jpg

005-18.jpg

009-18.jpg

007-16.jpg

008-11.jpg

006-17.jpg

Very nice Edward.. I'm blinded by the bright.

That lowii x truncata looks so handsome! :O

Sorry guys, apparently I read my records wrong and my lowii x truncata is not eligible for 3 more weeks, what a lousy shame... My records are kept on my pc which keeps things in day month year format rather than month day year, and apparently I never realized that because it's never been an issue until someone had to be "PoTM police" on another forum and called me out *shrug* no big deal, just a competition... I feel like this guy has some personal issue with me anyway. See it next month maybe, that is of course unless in the next 3 weeks the plant suddenly croaks of some unexplainable death...

What about the other half of that pitcher, Whimgrinder?

And now the same pitcher in a clown costume please. :p

And now the same pitcher in a clown costume please. :p

HAR! I'll need a photo of you if I'm going to manage such an awe-inspiring act of Photoshoppery!

Sorry guys, apparently I read my records wrong and my lowii x truncata is not eligible for 3 more weeks, what a lousy shame... My records are kept on my pc which keeps things in day month year format rather than month day year, and apparently I never realized that because it's never been an issue until someone had to be "PoTM police" on another forum and called me out *shrug* no big deal, just a competition... I feel like this guy has some personal issue with me anyway. See it next month maybe, that is of course unless in the next 3 weeks the plant suddenly croaks of some unexplainable death...

This is why I object to the rule that a plant must have grown in your care for 6 months. IMHO, it would be enough that the pitcher have developed from leaf to fully opened pitcher while in that person's care. I would put it back in there if I were you, Kris.

This is why I object to the rule that a plant must have grown in your care for 6 months. IMHO, it would be enough that the pitcher have developed from leaf to fully opened pitcher while in that person's care. I would put it back in there if I were you, Kris.

Yeah, I'm not gonna call it out .. I mean if it's obvious you *just* got it in the mail then that might be uh... embarassing for the pitcher entrant, but yeah. If you grew it in yourself and you're just at the cutoff line, I wouldn't be so uptight, yo.

I would just reduce the rule to three months

I would replace the rule with 'if the pitcher has grown from bud to mature pitcher in the care of the person posting it' it's fair game.

Thanks guys, maybe I'll repost it up with some updates later, but I would hate to make someone else upset because I skated under the rules, ya know?

Sooo... I can post villosa? :p
@Sk, I agree, you should post it

In any competition there will be 'lines in the sand' and naturally people who push those boundaries. The current line is 6 mo. Kris had no issue with it but accidentally mis-read his dates. No issue - he can easily re-enter next month. If the arbitrary 'line in the sand' is moved to 'developed leaf in person's care' then there will be arguments that - "that leaf was forming when I shipped it to you so you still can't enter it" .... etc, ad infinitum... The current line is 6 months - no big deal ...

Heck I received a Royal truncata on April 6 and the newest leaf was snapped off during shipping. The next pitcher opened a few weeks ago and is gorgeous. A part of me would love to enter it but the next developing leaf is at least 30% larger & the pitcher should also be killer. What's the big deal with waiting a few months? :scratch:

Back