What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. mirabilis collapse

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
For the last two months my N. mirabilis has been growing well and pitchering every tendril it can stick into something moist; water, another pot, moss. The older leaves have always had a tinge of red to them. Today I went downstairs to my grow rack and found the stem collapsed and a good half the leaves fully red. The plant had not been moved from it's current position in over four weeks, I water in place. I also have not changed out the lights there so it isn't a sudden change in lighting/temps. When I checked and misted last night a couple of the older pitchers were starting to dry out by they were weeks old, so not unexpected. Tomorrow when I have the energy I will unpot the plant and do a through root inspection.

mine is under strong lighting and has a nice pink tinge to the foliage. havent had it for very long but the leaves it came with were just plain green. guessing it was in low lighting before i got it.

wonder why itd turn red and so fast? might it have dried out a little too much between waterings?

I hope not as that would reflect badly on my care. When i can get back downstairs tomorrow I will unpot it and check the roots.

they seem fussy for lowlanders....i have a couple threads about mine on here:

what are your conditions?

Back