What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first nep flower!

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I finally did it, I got one! And to top it off, it's a girl! :laaa:

N.carmen (spathulata x campanulata)

http://domania.us/spyk/temp/n.carmen-flower_8-20-12.jpg

Now....it's time to play Dr.Frankenstein and make some freak babies.

So, if anyone has any pollen, or will have, shoot me a PM...and we can make babies together. :awesome:

Congrads Exo. Always exciting times.

Nice!! I might have some LL veitchii pollen left ???. I think it is your hamata's turn next.... Right?

lolol..it better be..as far as the pollen...take a look and see if you have any...veitchii could be interesting. :)

*puts on gas mask and braves the windowsill*

Gratz on the flower.

So you are going to recreate butt ugly Judith Finn, but with campanulata smacked in the middle?

I will soon have N. spathulata x boschiana pollen available. I will also have a male N. Eglantine in bloom soon. (look it up: very little ramispina influence showing, however. )

Any pics of what the pitchers on your N. spathulata x boschiana look like? Thanks. :)

Exo. I have a maxima hybrid flowing. You just missed my red leopard.

Any pics of what the pitchers on your N. spathulata x boschiana look like? Thanks. :)

Its the Leilani clone:
DSCF0002-5.jpg

Congrats! Good luck finding some pollen for her.

hey so my spec. giant x Vent. that you just recieved a cutting of is in flower not sure if its male yet dont know how to tell unless the flower opens. if its male its all you

hey so my spec. giant x Vent. that you just recieved a cutting of is in flower not sure if its male yet dont know how to tell unless the flower opens. if its male its all you

You can tell, if the buds are round, it's male...oval or egg shaped means female.

Exo. Just checked my red leopard. I think I have a few flowers left with pollen if you're interested.

well then i guess its male then, poo i really wanted female haha well thats 2 down, many more to go, just have to wait another year or two......

well then i guess its male then, poo i really wanted female haha well thats 2 down, many more to go, just have to wait another year or two......

Ryan...if it's male....that means you and I can make some seeds....can you take a pic, so I can see how far along it is?

I've got a couple packets left of N. ventricosa "red" pollen, the shape of vent and campy mixed with the peristome of spathulata ought to make an interesting cross.

Back