What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This morning

I got up, went to look at my nep (which as some people know i salvaged from the brink of death last year, and got a killer deal in the process.) and i spotted the start of a flower. Im excited, as in the last year it has gone from almost dead, to pitchering like none other, and now finally has a flower. quite the surprise, sorry the picture is small.
nepflower.jpg

What is it? Thats great news!

Congrats!! Must be a happy plant then.

Congrats!

And envy! I've had my N. miranda for two or three years now, it's huge, and hasn't flowered yet. Way to go! :boogie:

Congrats! There's been a lot of confusion to wether N. X Miranda is sterile or not but if you want to take the chance I'd suggest looking for some females out there. I hear there is a few Miranda hybrids out there so you may get lucky and get some seeds ;).

Congrats!

And envy! I've had my N. miranda for two or three years now, it's huge, and hasn't flowered yet. Way to go! :boogie:
Thanks, i didnt think i would ever even be lucky enough to see it pitcher, let alone flower

Congrats! There's been a lot of confusion to wether N. X Miranda is sterile or not but if you want to take the chance I'd suggest looking for some females out there. I hear there is a few Miranda hybrids out there so you may get lucky and get some seeds ;).

I will try to find some.

It must be rewarding you for saving it's life :-))

i suppose so....now the other one that i got that same day is starting to flower too. so...should i leave the flowers, or should i cut them?

Miranda os not sterile there are many hybrids with it. Its pollen just doesnt stay viable for long

thought i would update with a few more pictures
here is the flower as of yesterday
nepflower2.jpg

This is the whole plant, I took the whole thing out ot the one pot it was in and put it in two last year when i got it cause it looked sooo crowded out.
nepplant.jpg

And this is another flower that i happened to spot the other day
notherflower.jpg

Strange. Your N. Miranda looks quite different from mine. Yours looks more vine like with more room between each leaf. Mine looks quite squat in comparison.

it looked really squat when i got it. but its been wonky with how it grows. all the new growth at the bottom is really squat. I think it got viney because of where it was set at when i got it, and how close to death it was, it reached up to the light.

Back