What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving Nepenthes hamata

A very good friend of mine sent me this seed grown N. hamata with the hopes of saving it. After a few weeks of recovery from shipping and some adjusting to the conditions this was what I found last weekend. A very nice added bonus to some dental school interview invitations! :banana2:
Looks like the road to recovery is well underway!

IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG

The force is strong with that one. Keep on truckin' buddy..

I have had growing points blacken, only to have new ones arise; or even basal production. Rumors of your plant's demise are premature . . .

The force is strong with that one. Keep on truckin' buddy..
Thanks!

I have had growing points blacken, only to have new ones arise; or even basal production. Rumors of your plant's demise are premature . . .

Though I am not 100% sure, my reliable gut feeling tells me this one likely originated from you Dave! It appears your foretelling abilities are spot on as usual ;)

Nice job! I've seen quite a few sick hamatas with shrinking-leaf syndrome being sold lately so it's good to see one in recovery :). Keep up the good work!!

Woot woot! :boogie: Here's hoping for my rhh then..

just found this thread.
I did get the hamata from Dave, I really hated to letting it go, but it looks like the right decision, nice work yann, glad to see it coming back to life after a long decline in my new unhealthy for hamata conditions. :blush:just too warm here now.

thanks Yann!!

Thanks for the kind words Jimmy. Here it is as of this afternoon :)

IMG_1581.JPG

moving right along with the will to live.

bump hows it doing ?

Hanging in there Jimmy! You can see the third leaf emerging right now. It'll be quite some time before anything of size starts to emerge but progress is progress :) (Don't mind the white calcium deposits on the leaves, they get washed off periodically)

IMG_1599.JPG

Even more valuable being seed grown... Looks much better than before. Like you said, progress is progress. Hang in there lil' buddy! You're in the home stretch! (talking to the plant of course ;) )

Nice, looks like it is recovering well!

yees looking very good glad you could take it on ,:blush:

Coincidentally, I have a plant in triage from a friend; and it looks like it too will survive . . .

Nepenthes hamata var. nearlydeadasdiscoae

Zuzanas-poor-hamata.jpg

Last edited:
Back