What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who grows n. talangensis?? pics Please?

uphwiz

jimmy
mine is stalled, nice growth, but pitchers wont inflate , its about 7 degrees warmer here day and night than in my old set up where it pitchered SOME:blush:
76 78 days , 68 to 72 nights. terrarium misting (mist king) several times a day humidity 65 - 80 percent all the time.
IMG_0621_zpsf9fd24ed.jpg
IMG_0620_zpse2a86b29.jpg
IMG_0622_zpsd0d88c95.jpg

Mine will NOT pitcher unless nights are consistently 55F or below.

Yeah, this species is a pain in the butt, it NEEDS nights in the 50's or it will pitcher sporadicly or not at all.

Not to go off topic, but is that a Borneo Sunset lower right of the second pic?

. is that a Borneo Sunset lower right of the second pic?
YES IT IS. guess talangensis wont do well if an amp is doing well, but the borneo seems to like the intermediate conditions better than the talg..

IMG_6220.jpg
IMG_6172.jpg
IMG_6171.jpg

OMG that's so nice! But I was thinking the same thing, if an amo is thriving, a talangensis probably won't.

maybe i can give talg. and ice pack at bedtime each night.

Or you could make a swamp cooler. I'm in the process of making an HL tank, and if you wet an "evaporative cooling pad" (you can find them as filters for humidifiers) and blow air through it, the cooling is pretty good. Maybe 10 degrees.

I have grown this species.. but gave up on it because (at the time) I couldn't get my nights cold enough to get it to pitcher.

Or you could make a swamp cooler. I'm in the process of making an HL tank, and if you wet an "evaporative cooling pad" (you can find them as filters for humidifiers) and blow air through it, the cooling is pretty good. Maybe 10 degrees.

interesting, let me know how yours works out i might want to steal your plans ,if you have luck with it.

i dont think you need nights in the fifties, but your night temps are too high. i would say 62f and below and consistently.

IMG_1595_zpscc4886fa.jpg

Not a huge fan of the talg. But really like your lowii pebes!

nice talangensis pebes. !!
i may be able to accomplish those night temps, thanks for the pics and the advise .

dunno if tal x hamata is welcome in here but mine just arrived and it is already impressing me with the pperistomes!!!

IMG_6183.jpg

my pure tal hasnt pitchered yet... hoping it comes around soon though!

Back