What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sickly Judith Finn

I think the takeaway message here might be: research the plant you want before you buy it, to determine its suitability for your growing conditions. Way back when I was poised to buy a whopping plant of N. albomarginata.......until I found out what it's temperature requirements were, then I changed my mind and selected something suited to my grow space. I still love albomarginata, but I can't realistically accommodate it in my greenhouse. Plenty of other wonderful plants to choose from!

There are some really great N. spathulata hybrids out there which, for my tastes, give a lot more bang for the buck. N. Benevolence is a fine example: the pitchers look a lot like pure spathulata, they are honkin' big, and they last up to fourteen months! The peristome is deep purple-brown with an iridescent sheen. What's not to like?

20120927-062535.jpg

Whoa!!! That is a nice spathulata hybrid for sure!!!!! Look at that color on the inside of the pitcher...that is really cool looking.

Back