What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tale of Four Pitchers, A Very Short Photo Thread

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
First up is a sg amp that I received from Exo
amp.jpg

Next is one of my N. glabratas
glab1.jpg
glab2.jpg

Followed by N. maxima 'lake poso'. A gift from Smitty
max1.jpg
max2.jpg

Last and of course smallest :lol: my baby N. truncata that I've been growing from seed.
trunc.jpg

Pitcheresque!

Kudos on the truncata seedling, well done!

PS: how did you code/attach your photos? The pop-over presentation of photos is so much more appealing.....

Paul

Kudos on the truncata seedling, well done!

PS: how did you code/attach your photos? The pop-over presentation of photos is so much more appealing.....

Paul
Thank you

I uploaded directly from my computor rather than going through photobucket

Thank you

I uploaded directly from my computor rather than going through photobucket

I didn't know you can do that! I hates photobucket most of all the free hosting services: ugliest UI on the web, IMO.

Lovely glabrata, by the way. You say "one of my glabratas".... How many do you have, and are they all different clones? I have only one, and I think it's from BE. It's a lovely species. What kind of climate do you provide for it? Thanks!

My glabrata in the pictures is a BE clone. It put out one basal last year that is now Thez's plant. I have a seed grown one that is stating to vine and has put out a rather nice basal. I am also expecting a shipment of two seed pods from someone I trust. They are kept in a high humidity micro climate (read that as almost covered aquarium) on a cooler than intermeadite but not really true HL rack. Temp variation only goes from 75 in day to about 62 at night. I also have vogelli pitchering in there right now and some others which had sulked when I changed grow areas perking up and looking "happier".

I'm also looking for other clones of glabrata. They are in my top three favorite list for neps.

As for the pictures I go to the "add image" icon at the top of the text box and click on upload from computer rather than URL.

Nice photos. Love the Truncata baby!

Beautiful plants!

They are in my top three favorite list for neps.
Earlier this year, I also fell for glabbies after seeing some gorgeous pics here on TF. I acquired a SG plant and had an opportunity for an AW clone within a few days. However, both of mine pouted pretty severly over the summer & have only recently started to grow again with the cooler temps. I didn't think they were one of the pickier HL'ers - hopefully they'll settle in and handle conditions better by next summer ... :0o:

Nice chib! That SG amp I sent you is turning into a stunner! :)

Nice plants :) I have one glabrata that is just starting to vine, and simultaniously making it's first basal shoot. I would love to have different clones as well, and eventually make some of my own glabrata seed. One step at a time though...

Very nice plants! Especially the Nepenthes glabrata. :drool:

Back