What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes edwardsiana

:hail::hail::hail: There are no words to describe my amazement at the health and beauty of these plants.

Omg wow. Power players there. Wow wow wow

sweet jesus... pics of setup?
Not very pretty but it works for me. :D

image_zps91fd9d80.jpg

image_zps9d4736d7.jpg

How long have you been growing the BE villosa and BE macrophylla? My BE macro is about 5x's the size of yours, but so slow.. Wondering about how old mine might be.
Wish it grew as fast as my BE villosa.

I haven't had them long. Got them from Tony in mid-February. Although both are growing, you can tell by the size of the newer leaves that the macro is growing much faster. The one that I don't seem to have much success is rajah. It is sloooooooooow!

Nice job there!
Looks like it likes you and your setup. Was a bit worried about a tank setup but it looks like you know what you are doing. I see the cephs were not invited to the party....

Thanks, Marius. The cephs are in an adjacent terrarium with a few VFTs and 2 clones of N. clipeata.

i like the setup, would you mind takin a pic of the top of the humidifier so i can see how you connected the pvc? great idea!

Is that a refrigerator unit?

Here you go...

image_zpsb848e76f.jpg

It's nothing special. I just use a 1 1/2" x 1" coupler and carefully jam it in the humidifier. As you can see, I had to use some epoxy to close a small hairline crack caused by my carelessness of using too much force. If there's the slightest crack in the reservoir, I guarantee you there will be a huge puddle on the floor. Ask me how I know... :lol:

I got this one from Target. http://www.target.com/p/safety-1st-ultrasonic-360-degree-humidifier/-/A-11268317#prodSlot=large_1_19&term=Humidifier

Tried several different types of humidifiers but I like this one most. It holds almost a gallon of water so I only need to refill with RO water every 3 days for the size of my freezer.

Is that a refrigerator unit?

It's actually a freezer. I took off the lid and placed a sheet of plexiglass to maintain humidity and temp. A timer for the lights and a day/night thermostat does the rest.

rly appreciate the lil insight :) gotta upgrade my humidifiers in the near future. sick of the small tanks

very nice.
Do you do any outdoor CP growing as well? Are you in the US?
Trying to make the transition myself from indoor to outdoor. But have only managed to build a halfway house out back.

I live in Southern California. I've kept a variety of flytraps, sundews, and pitcherplants outdoors but with family and work, I've reduced my plants to just 2 indoor growing areas.

Very impressive plants and setup. I need to find out how to get on the waiting list for rare Wistuba plants. The memo doesn't function as a waiting list, does it? Do you need to contact Andreas dirrectly to be put on a waiting list?
I recently made a Wistuba order and chose to buy a couple more common plants over buying one macrophylla, I'm thinking now that I should have gone for the macrophylla :/ It's out of stock now. I know of one other source for it currently, but I'd prefer the cheaper price of Wistuba, so I might wait.

Mind showing us what kind of day/night thermostat you're using?

what hamata clone is the best 1 2 3 4 ?

Very impressive plants and setup. I need to find out how to get on the waiting list for rare Wistuba plants. The memo doesn't function as a waiting list, does it? Do you need to contact Andreas dirrectly to be put on a waiting list?
I recently made a Wistuba order and chose to buy a couple more common plants over buying one macrophylla, I'm thinking now that I should have gone for the macrophylla :/ It's out of stock now. I know of one other source for it currently, but I'd prefer the cheaper price of Wistuba, so I might wait.
You just need to email Andreas and ask to be put on the waiting list. I purchased 2 macro clones from AW this past April (clone 1 and clone T). They have settled in and putting out new leaves. I'll post pics later. :)

Mind showing us what kind of day/night thermostat you're using?
I use this one: http://www.thehydrosource.com/environmental/environmental-control/cap-tmp-dne-day-night-temperature-controller.html

It has a photocell so once the lights goes out, it drops the temp from 70F to 50F. The lowest setting is 50F and I almost killed my plants by testing the limits of how low it can go. I was able to adjust it down to 47F but it was unreliable and would sometimes drop to the low 40s. I have it set for 50F at night now and has given me no problems in the past year.

what hamata clone is the best 1 2 3 4 ?
I have clones 3 and 4. In my conditions, clone 3 is a more vigorous grower. Both clones were purchased at the same time and size. They have always grown next to each other with identical watering and feeding schedule. The difference in growth is very noticeable.
image_zps5781072a.jpg

I just ordered the AW hamata (Gunung Katopasa). We'll see how quickly that one grows...

Is that a D.Regia? It looks like an aloe plant its so big.

Pretty cool man

Yeah, it's a D. regia screaming to be repot.

Back