What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPBobby's ongoing lowland nepenthes photo thread

First let me say that I am no photographer so pics will be amateur. I have my lowland terrarium dialed in for the most part thanks to the advice from some very knowledgeable(and patient. lol) growers on here. Also there will probably be lowland/intermediate hybrids in here as well.

So without further adieu:

Entry 1:

x Winged grabilis(gracilis x mirabilis)

Original photo taken in early sep.

102_0089.jpg

more recent photo about a couple weeks ago.

102_0178.jpg

notes: not eye candy but funny looking enough to still get my attention. It may get more colorful when I add more reds to my lighting though. Plus this particular hybrid breed will be essential down the road when I begin to experiment with making my own hybrids. The grabilis hybrids seems to be the most vigorous lowlander I have encountered to date.

Last edited:
Entry 2:

x Nigro Grabilis(Gracilis x Mirabilis)

102_0087.jpg

000_0054.jpg

notes: it has gotten darker and like the contrast on the ladders or whatever they are called.

Last edited:
Entry 3:

Anamensis AKA smilesii

102_0092.jpg

102_0163.jpg

note: not sure why but I like it

I still have the following plants to display but haven't done updated photos yet:

bical red flush

raffesiana var elongata aka n.baramensis is it?

mirabilis var echinostoma

nigro gracilis

mirabilis x ted payne

cast a vote and the winner will be next to be displayed....or i will just pick one. lol.

Last edited:
they seem to be growing for you,and i don't blame you i like the smilesii too:-D

hey thx.

entry 4:

Coccinea

Original photo taken early september:

102_0086.jpg

photo taken yesterday

102_0200.jpg

notes: love the colors; one of my favorites. i am hoping the plant adapts to the light intensity I am using but if not i will start diffusing the light for it soon.

Entry 5:

Speckled mirabilis

Original Photo taken early september

102_0090.jpg

photo taken yesterday

102_0227.jpg

notes: one of the pitchers is shy.

Good choice....It is working on a new pitcher which going from past experiences will be bigger than the rest of them and once that happens I will update.

entry 6:

Mirabilis x Ted Payne

Photo Taken Early September:

102_0088.jpg

Photo Taken Yesterday:

102_0242.jpg

entry 7:

Bicalcarata Red Flush

Photo Taken late may(bical on left):

0000016b.jpg

Photo Taken Yesterday:

102_0250.jpg

Note: my first nepenthes....it would be bigger but had to suffer through my learning curve.

Back