What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

faux Nepenthes -- for Wireman and others artsy types

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Actually took these photos back in March but forgot all about them. They are handmade pieces created by a woman who sells her work at orchids shows. While there may need to be some "tweaking" here or there (pitcher orientation jumps out at me in some instances), her work always impresses me. Thought some folks here might enjoy them.

This piece was about 3-4ft tall.

IMG_8957_zpsbc1c940a.jpg

IMG_8956_zps4ebc243c.jpg

IMG_8955_zps0fc367e5.jpg

These were two smaller works.

IMG_8959_zps1128c184.jpg

IMG_8952_zps0bfbcfeb.jpg

IMG_8954_zps320cfec7.jpg

And while not a cp, I was impressed with the stamens on these flowers. (The plant was created to be about life size.

IMG_8960_zps189a139a.jpg

angel.gif

If only that last amp were real! :drool:

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :)

She needs some work with the pitchers, but her flowers are awesome as always! I need to email her some pointers.

THat is fascinating! Yeah, the anatomy of the pitcher plants is off, but very abstract!

She needs some work with the pitchers, but her flowers are awesome as always! I need to email her some pointers.

She would likely appreciate the pointers. I've always found her to be very receptive to constructive comments. Would recommend that you include excellent pictures with your comments. I know you are aware that English is not her native language, but it is also unlikely that she knows all the correct terms for the different parts of a pitcher.

Amazing work! Almost looks like Nep X bamboo by observing the stem closely lol.

Back