What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is the best time of year to buy?

I've been searching online all day to buy some nepenthes, but with no luck. I've found a few sites that have very minimal plants for sale, mostly hybrids, but all of the ones I'm looking for seem to be sold out. This is obviously not the best time of year to buy I assuming, but when is it? Spring?

er uh huh??

All year round of course!

You may need to inquire about the plants your looking for. Some are not easy to find even in the best of times due to high demand and/or very limited production.
It also may help to list the plants your trying to find. Maybe other members have spare cuttings or know where they might have them.

There are plenty of CP merchants that are just out of stock all the time. Maybe they had a species once and never removed it from the system. Maybe they never had it but hope to have it one day. Maybe they add species they'll never carry just to look legit. Who knows. I usually just write them off. There are enough good merchants (like Tony) to not worry about those other guys.

There are plenty of CP merchants that are just out of stock all the time. Maybe they had a species once and never removed it from the system. Maybe they never had it but hope to have it one day. Maybe they add species they'll never carry just to look legit. Who knows. I usually just write them off. There are enough good merchants (like Tony) to not worry about those other guys.

I think this must be the case I was running into yesterday. I also think that maybe what I thought was common, might not be :blush:

After reading your replies I did find two of what I was looking for. Now is the hard part, deciding which one to get lol If only money grew on Nepenthes, I'd buy me one of those....

:-D

I think this must be the case I was running into yesterday. I also think that maybe what I thought was common, might not be :blush:

After reading your replies I did find two of what I was looking for. Now is the hard part, deciding which one to get lol If only money grew on Nepenthes, I'd buy me one of those....

:-D

I've ordered probably 20 nepenthes in the past nine months, and will buy more in the Spring. Every time I hit a merchant that was even half out of stock I mentally blacklisted them and went elsewhere. Their loss. I really only buy from two people these days.

It would be helpful to know which specific plants you are looking for....

Back