What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Borneo Exotics Newsletter

I hope the mods don't mind this, as I've always tried to avoid making posts that can be construed as commercial but this one is probably borderline:

Some of you will know that BE releases up to 12 new Nepenthes items per month, either new hybrids, or cultivars, or sometimes new species. We try not to post on the forums whenever something new comes out, mainly because I feel that would be a pretty blatant commercial use of the forums. However, I do get a lot of e-mails asking about what's being released and I have trouble keeping up with all the questions.

For this reason I've launched a 'Nepenthes Growers Newsletter' for public circulation, which is linked from BE's (also new) Facebook Page at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Borneo-Exotics-Pvt-Ltd/117390238421612 .

Future editions will feature news, growing tips, or whatever else you might ask for. Notifications of each issue and the link will be given through the Facebook page, so I won't be posting about the Newsletter on this forum again.

Thanks!

Rob

Liked the Facebook page.

The new hybrids look wonderful, hopefully there will be an import here soon.

I would hope this is available through BE's web site as well, because there are some of us who don't use Farcebook.

+1
I try to avoid FB, too. ;)

Yup no Facebook either, email or through the website would be nice.

I may be alone with this one, but I don't participate with places like facebook. Is there any sort of link to something a little less, facebook-ish?

You don't need to use facebook, only go to robs page and click the link to the newsletter which is not on facebook. That's all I did.. I don't use facebook either.

Thanks, Rob. I've been hoping to see something like this for a while now.

Excited to see N. klossii in the new releases!

You don't need to use facebook, only go to robs page and click the link to the newsletter which is not on facebook. That's all I did.. I don't use facebook either.

I got a "log in/join" pop up link the instant I clicked the facebook page. Wasn't able to maneuver the site in the least.

I liked on Fb, but also bookmarked the site so I can go straight there

Mass: Click on the link in his signature instead of the Facebook link ;)

Edit: sorry I see what you mean, it still goes to facebook

I got a "log in/join" pop up link the instant I clicked the facebook page. Wasn't able to maneuver the site in the least.

Yeah I got that too.. and I hit "close" to get rid of it.

I'm sure I'm opening pandora's box, but sheesh why such a disdain for facebook? I've found it to be such a useful tool. I use it every day to learn about new science discoveries, my hobbies such as CPs, astronomy, as well as instant news. Its like denying the telephone when it first came out. Yes its often used for talking to friends, but its also a great business tool and a great way to learn as well. You guys should try it out. I can lead you in the right direction if you'd like ;) Down the direction of science and learning instead of "OMG did you see what she wore last week?" hahaha

Having said that though, I also agree that it would be great to have it on the website as well. I'm sure with all this feedback they'll consider it...

Liked the Facebook page.

The new hybrids look wonderful, hopefully there will be an import here soon.

I talked with HB in November and they will be doing an import in the spring and will be opening it to preorders like last time. They told me to email again in March or April.

i dont use facebook and all i had to do was hit close on the popup and then proceeded to the newsletter no problem.

thanks for posting it! glad i have a singalana x red hairy hamata on reserve! the juvenile pitchers looks great

I'm sure I'm opening pandora's box, but sheesh why such a disdain for facebook? I've found it to be such a useful tool. I use it every day to learn about new science discoveries, my hobbies such as CPs, astronomy, as well as instant news. Its like denying the telephone when it first came out. Yes its often used for talking to friends, but its also a great business tool and a great way to learn as well. You guys should try it out. I can lead you in the right direction if you'd like ;) Down the direction of science and learning instead of "OMG did you see what she wore last week?" hahaha

Having said that though, I also agree that it would be great to have it on the website as well. I'm sure with all this feedback they'll consider it...

I'd "like" this post if I could.

OH MY GOODNESS! HB's doing another import? Finally!

Back