What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At what point do you give up hope?

I'm curious about when you guys give up on a nepenthes that has gone completely brown?
I was given 4 neps a few months back to revive, only two made it but the other two were far gone and have turn completely brown. I was under the impression that once there isn't any green, there isn't a chance its coming back. Am I right in this?
I still have them, theyre brown, but haven't dried out, still supple. Should I toss and move on?

Some neps can come back from the living tissure in the center of the stem long after everything else goes brown. I'd say it's likely they're gone, but you never know...

dunno about neps. but drosera seeds otoh keep those pots for 2-3 years. it might take that long for seeds to germinate.

Hold on to them for a while. Need a reason? Read this link:
http://www.********.com/nudead.htm
best of luck!
Edit: The URL link is blocked. @#%$!!!!
Anyway, seemingly dead neps have been known to revive over eight months after "dying", so I would hold onto them for at least a year before throwing them out.
Best,
Richard

Nope. Still good. Throw out when limp or crispy.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep them around and cross my fingers!

Back