What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. x winged grabilis basal?

This may be my first nepenthes basal. at first I thought it was a weed but then noticed it's location in proximity to the other plant's root system and after a gentle tug am pretty much sure this is my first basal shoot......thought it was a ampullaria thing but I guess this winged mirabilis x gracilis hybrid does it too.......can't wait til this gets bigger.

anyway here is a pic.....can you guys confirm my suspicion?

102_0437_zps06a47f24.jpg

looks like a basal, and i'm pretty sure all nepenthes can basal. N. ampullaria is just famous for it because it will form carpets of basals. Congrats!

Yes, your N. gracilis will basal. Mine do it all the time. I have a boat load of new plants! :)

N. gracilis forms basal carpet like ampullaria does. It's not as impressive, but it still does it. There are 3 Nepenthes that do this that I'm aware of; ampullaria, gracilis, and gymnamphora.

niiiice.......considering it is a gracilis hybrid......do any of the ampullaria hybrids make basals?

so far my ventricosa x ampullaria has not but the stems have activated a lot of nodes.

Good luck with this Basal :). Hope it grows alright for you.

Back