What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. burbidgeae

In the fall, three of us got together & ordered some SG plants from a nursery. All three of us got SG N. burbidgeae (& I added a N. fusca & N. veitchii). Since I coordinated the order, the plants were shipped to me. While the plants were healthy, they were less than perfect. After evaluating the plants, I kept the weakest & sent the others to their new owners. My plant had one decent pitcher (& another older one) & it was on a small, deformed leaf. Thankfully, the plant has responded well to a repot with new media and it's first new pitcher since arriving finally opened last week. I included an overhead pic of the plant to show the new leaves vs the older ones. The white arrow shows the deformed leaf with a pitcher & new leaves since arrival are at 4 & 10 o'clock.
Nburbpitcherfront011913RS_zps3c35f372.jpg

Nburbpitcherside011913RS_zpscfeec971.jpg

Nburbpitcherplant011913RS_zpsf2b294a2.jpg

Before posting, I did a quick search and the 1st N. burbidgeae was Jeremiah's way back in June. I know some are probably in threads up in the discussion section - but I cannot imagine why this species isn't more popular. :scratch:

I heard those came in looking rough, looking great now though. I like it much better than my BE clone. I'll be getting one of these sg ones in April when my edwardsiana ships out.

My BE clone, not as nice as the SG ones, but I'm proud of it anyway, and I love the thing
Nburbidgeae_7-15-12.jpg

I know who you ordered from! Very good choice. I want to get one from him, too. Yours looks really nice! Much better than the TCed ones.

very nice plant,mine is a BE clone i think and has very red leaves,only get about 4 pitchers a year ,in my opinion yours has superior markings,but i like mines red leaves:p looking at the new growth your plant is very happy with its new conditions(i will be on the look out for a seed grown)
flowerstalkvft12102012079_zps27c2e08b.jpg
flowerstalkvft12102012080_zpsc0985170.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, Ron, it is a really beautiful species and its odd that it isn't seen more often. I recently acquired two seed-grown plants myself, but probably not the same source.

I have a burb but its tiny atm. I'll be glad when mine somewhat resembles your bigger plant.

Glad to see yours is doing well, Ron. With the cooler nights, the plant I received opened the first pitcher in my care last month:

N. burbidgeae Tambuyukon sg

I have yet to repot mine, as it seems to be growing more or less steadily. However, I am curious to see what he uses as a mix.

Each of our plants seem really unique and quite different from the other burbidgeaes in cultivation. Heli suggested they were from Mt. Tambuyukon, which would explain the variation from the norm. I don't know that I've been happier with the appearance of any of my plants more so than this one. Thanks again for coordinating everything.

Looking good Ron and Mato! Mine is a bit behind yours because of the growthpoint but it has made a leaf and is already working on a new one. Moving my plants to the growroom probably slowed it down too but now its growing quite quickly.

:drool:wow mato great colour,glad you got a pure burb and what a plant,the markings on ron and your plants pitchers is so good

Dude, that red pitcher is gorgeous! I'm definitely going to get one once I have the 55 set up and optimized!

Mato,
I seem to recall a reddish cast to either your or Heli's pitchers (or both). Very good to see that I wasn't imagining the color and that the pitchers continue to be drop-dead gorgeous. While mine is very attractive in it's own right (even ignoring the slight false-greenish cast in the pics), it doesn't have the same extent of great red color that yours is showing (at least not yet) - likely some SG variability.

It does appear that the seeds Rob started have come from a wonderful population of N. burbidgeae.

Here's the last pitcher my BE clone put out. It's been a while since I've seen a new one, the plant has been sulking and is just starting to perk back up.

004.jpg

003.jpg

Glad to see yours is doing well, Ron. With the cooler nights, the plant I received opened the first pitcher in my care last month:

N. burbidgeae Tambuyukon sg

I have yet to repot mine, as it seems to be growing more or less steadily. However, I am curious to see what he uses as a mix.

Each of our plants seem really unique and quite different from the other burbidgeaes in cultivation. Heli suggested they were from Mt. Tambuyukon, which would explain the variation from the norm. I don't know that I've been happier with the appearance of any of my plants more so than this one. Thanks again for coordinating everything.

This has great color mat! One of these might be going in with my order.

In the fall, three of us got together & ordered some SG plants from a nursery. All three of us got SG N. burbidgeae (& I added a N. fusca & N. veitchii). Since I coordinated the order, the plants were shipped to me. While the plants were healthy, they were less than perfect. After evaluating the plants, I kept the weakest & sent the others to their new owners. My plant had one decent pitcher (& another older one) & it was on a small, deformed leaf. Thankfully, the plant has responded well to a repot with new media and it's first new pitcher since arriving finally opened last week. I included an overhead pic of the plant to show the new leaves vs the older ones. The white arrow shows the deformed leaf with a pitcher & new leaves since arrival are at 4 & 10 o'clock.
Nburbpitcherfront011913RS_zps3c35f372.jpg

Nburbpitcherside011913RS_zpscfeec971.jpg

Nburbpitcherplant011913RS_zpsf2b294a2.jpg

Before posting, I did a quick search and the 1st N. burbidgeae was Jeremiah's way back in June. I know some are probably in threads up in the discussion section - but I cannot imagine why this species isn't more popular. :scratch:

Agreed, It has such great color and you don't see enough of it around. Great growing Ron!

It's always nice to see pictures of people's N. burbidgeae. A super gorgeous species always

Back