What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about my ventrata

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

I don't know if i link this right. My question is do you think that I could cut seperate the shoot thats coming up and have a new plant? I'm still kinda new to the neps so any help would be welcome.

Second link doesn't work either.. it depends on the age/size of the basal (the new shoot). A newer basal will be an offshoot from the base of the bigger plant and use the same root system, if you cut this then you would have to treat it as a cutting (high humidity and light to encourage root growth). However larger and more mature basals will eventually form their own root system and can be separated easily and grown as a separate plant. This said, most of the time basal shoots are left to growth with the main vine as they create a nice bushy plant and allow for lower pitchers to be developed when the larger vine is making uppers. Also, do you really want more than one xVentrata? If/when you increase your collection the chances are that you'll want the space for other plants! Hope this helps.

Back