What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

lowii x campanulata

old pitcher
image_zpsa7861cdd.jpg

new pitcher progression
image_zpsf286448d.jpg

image_zps9787ba51.jpg

image_zpsb3546595.jpg

image_zps7d563c66.jpg

basal pitcher
image_zps7211930f.jpg

More to come...

N. peltata
image_zps8693bf7e.jpg

N. khasiana
image_zps84451937.jpg

truncata x veitchii
image_zps77442265.jpg

Very nice! Love the colors... Thanks for sharing

Some highlanders...

N. villosa
image_zpsab729c20.jpg

N. macrophylla
image_zpsf4c615ad.jpg

N. edwardsiana
image_zpsc804091b.jpg

N. hamata
image_zps80078aff.jpg

beautiful plants

Such a slender khasiana. Very nice toothies!

I love your plants, your edwardsiana is like a model specimen, the color, shape, and teeth are perfect.

gorgeous macro!

hail to the teef!

quality

Thanks everyone! Looks like most people are into the toofy ones. :-D

Heli - You're lucky enough to be getting your edwardsiana next week while the rest of us have to wait. Hope you get the color you want. Eddies are so variable in color but all of them are spectacular!

Here are some developing pitchers. I know... Not much to look at for now.

edwardsiana
image_zps20cab624.jpg

macrophylla
image_zpsa0d520f1.jpg

truncata x (spectabilis x northiana)
image_zps3d8bcbef.jpg

lowii x truncata
image_zps736d27b9.jpg

truncata
image_zps3a450a73.jpg

Don't you love it when you get a shipment from Wistuba and the plant has an extra growth? 2 for the price of 1! :boogie:
hamiguitanensis
image_zps52384ab9.jpg

Bookmarked.

looks like you have a big growing area there. can you show a pic of the whole arena?

I need to do a better job of arranging pots so I can make room for more plants. The lights fell from the supports a couple of weeks ago and took a big piece of the truncata with it. Fortunately, no other plants were damaged.
image_zps1250dc8e.jpg

That happened to me with my H. minor. You know how brittle they can get, so two or three pitchers got pretty much messed up. Nice looking plants by the way.

Gorgeous plants!
I'm really into toothy plants as well, but the only one I got is N. villosa, you practically have all the plants I wish I could have, lucky you!
Your eddie is such a superstar! we clearly see it's in good hands
Thanks for showing!

all pieces are "big pieces" when they get to be that size..
good looking plants as usual.

That happened to me with my H. minor. You know how brittle they can get, so two or three pitchers got pretty much messed up. Nice looking plants by way.
I also dropped a piece of plexiglass and cut the grow tip clean off on both the macrophylla and peltata. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Gorgeous plants!
I'm really into toothy plants as well, but the only one I got is N. villosa, you practically have all the plants I wish I could have, lucky you!
Your eddie is such a superstar! we clearly see it's in good hands
Thanks for showing!
Thanks! The toothy ones will always be my favorite. In fact, N. hamata was one of my first Nepenthes years ago. N. lowii and its primary hybrids are a distant second.

all pieces are "big pieces" when they get to be that size..
good looking plants as usual.
Thanks, Travis. For size reference, the developing leaf on the lowii x truncata is about 9.5". The largest leaf on the lowland truncata (shown damaged above) is approximately 22".
image_zpsaabe4b06.jpg

I also dropped a piece of plexiglass and cut the grow tip clean off on both the macrophylla and peltata. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Had the same thing happen to me this winter with a mouse :censor: .

That lowii X truncata is GIANT! How long have you had the 'beast'?

That lowii X truncata is GIANT! How long have you had the 'beast'?
I've only had the plant for a little over 2 months so can't take credit for how well grown it is. French3z deserves the credit for that. It did have a good size leaf jump after coffee treatment a month ago though.

Back