What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total perfection.well grown.Love the platy and glabrata uppers

You are a superb grower! So many spectacular plants! :-O

You have spectacular plants--how/what do you feed them?

Exceptional! Thanks for sharing

Amazing plants! The glabrata looks so delicate.

Hello Everyone!

Its been about a year since my last update! Most of my time lately has been devoted to my primary hobby, brewing and writing about beer. Luckily, with my automated setup the Nepenthes collection can keep doing its thing even while I ignore them for the most part. Here are some photos I took this morning while clearing old dead leaves & pitchers out of the chamber. Cheers!

N. (eymae x (stenophylla x lowii)) x Trusmadiensis
(eymaex(stenoxlowii))xTM.jpg

N. (eymae x (stenophylla x lowii)) x Trusmadiensis
(eymaex(stenoxlowii))xTM2.jpg

Upper pitchers on N. aristolochioides. This plant has done fantastically and grown about 4-5 feet of climbing vine before sprouting numerous new growth points. Stay tuned for cuttings!
aristolochioidesupper.jpg

New sprouting N. aristolochioides
aristolochioides2.jpg

N. attenboroughii seedling
atenboroughii.jpg

N. x Briggsiana var. 'Peter D'Amato'
briggsiana.jpg

N. burbidgeae
burbidgeae.jpg

N. burbidgeae x platychila
burbplaty.jpg

Young N. flava
flava.jpg

A colony of baby N. glabrata lowers
glabatalowers.jpg

A different N. glabrata clone with squatter pitchers
glabrata2.jpg

An upper pitcher from my original N. glabrata
glabrataupper.jpg

N. hamata
hamata.jpg

N. lowii
lowii.jpg

N. muluensis x lowii (upper)
muluensislowii.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x hamata
sibuhamata.jpg

N. singalana x hamata 'hairy red'
singalanahairyredhamata.jpg

N. spectabilis
spectabilis.jpg

N. spectabilis x lowii
Spectabilislowii.jpg

N. talangensis x glabrata
talangensisglabrata.jpg

N. tenuis
tenuis.jpg

N. (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x hamata
ventsibuhamata.jpg

N. vogelii
vogelii.jpg

Thanks for checking out the photos!
Matt

'Really enjoyed the N. burbidgeae photo. And I thought N. glabrata looked hand-painted!

Very excellent!

Some that really stand out to me - N. muluensis x lowii upper pitchers, N. vogelli and-

I love the N. sibuyanensis x hamata. I remember for a long time there was speculation as to whether or not that cross was truly a hamata's offspring or not. I think your pitcher appears to be an upper? It seems to dispel any doubt that I could have in my mind about its parentage.

Wow, perfectly grown plants!

Hey Matt, How did those N. muluensis x lowii crosses go?

Very excellent!

Some that really stand out to me - N. muluensis x lowii upper pitchers, N. vogelli and-

I love the N. sibuyanensis x hamata. I remember for a long time there was speculation as to whether or not that cross was truly a hamata's offspring or not. I think your pitcher appears to be an upper? It seems to dispel any doubt that I could have in my mind about its parentage.
The first cross labeled a sib x hamata were not that cross. It was more recently redone however to produce true plants of that parentage.

The first cross labeled a sib x hamata were not that cross. It was more recently redone however to produce true plants of that parentage.

Really? There was a definitive conclusion about the parentage of that first cross? What did the parent end up being, if not N. hamata? Is Matt's plant the re-issue?

I don't think the parentage of the first attempt was ever resolved. Matt's plant is almost certainly the second round, true cross, though of course he would know better than I :)

Back