What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ampullaria Appreciation Thread!

Love, love, love ampullarias!

My N. ampullaria 'Brunei Red' largest pitcher

P1060025_zps55257119.jpg

basals starting

P1050180_zps8cd0b50d.jpg

My N. ampullaria 'Lime Twist'

P1060491_zps72228378.jpg

I like this one so far, I haven't found it to be as unstable as yours seems to be yet. Some pitchers with a lot of red striping on the peristome, and some like this one with next to none. I haven't had it long though, so I guess we'll see?

Melson, your plants are fantastic!
I'm a highland grower, but I have to accept your plants are perfect, I wish I could have those forms.

Wow that's one big pitcher there!

This forum is making me want to spend way to much money. I love amps, and can't wait to add some back into my collection!

Ohhh, I need one of those!

Nice, Red Lowii! That is some amp pitcher coloration worthy of the necro.

Here was my CR9 clone before it met a tragic end
index.php

index.php

index.php

I had it growing on my windowsill in Boston.

index.php

It looks like Melson hasn't posted since he dropped that bomb. Does anyone know the names of any of those forms? I've not seen anything like them!

What was the humidity?

Got pretty low in the winter with central radiant heating. The pitchers didn't last as long because of that but they are pretty sturdy and last a lot longer than many other species in similar conditions, once acclimatized.

Sooooo I grew an upper.
UeYJL1x.jpg

q3clncL.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! I actually prefer the uppers.

It's always cool to see uppers on plants that you don't usually see them on.

im not jealous. not jealous at all....................................................................................

but seriously, those amps are gorgeous. ive always been a fan of black miracle but nairobi miracle is something else!

im not jealous. not jealous at all....................................................................................

but seriously, those amps are gorgeous. ive always been a fan of black miracle but nairobi miracle is something else!

Thanks amphirion, i grew the baby from seed, makes it all the more special, so far it's the darkest of it's siblings

PaulJ69 , that's a fantastic achievement to get an upper, i've only seen it half a dozen times on other people's and wild plants. How old is the plant? any chance of an overall pic of the plant? Thanks!

Thanks amphirion, i grew the baby from seed, makes it all the more special, so far it's the darkest of it's siblings

Were those the names of the forms that you got as seeds or did you name them yourself?

Back