What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima 'Lake Poso'

Cindy

Staff member
"Climate: highland

This is a lovely miniature form of the species and although from a
wild population, it was legitimately described as a cultivar by Dave
Evans in the ICPS Carnivorous Plant Newsletter, published in
March 2009."

- Borneo Exotics

Grown in Singapore :-O
BE_miniature_maxima_plant_zpsf6d37e60.jpg

BE_miniature_maxima_pitcher_zpse1db5d0e.jpg

BE_miniature_maxima_pitcher1_zps40aaaab0.jpg

BE_miniature_maxima_pitcher2_zps1773af66.jpg

Beautiful plant. I've passed up the chance of getting one on several occasions. I might have to pick one up the next time I have an opportunity. It would be nice to have a maxima that doesn't reach monstrous proportions.

Nice photos. The first one is amazing.
Looks like your plants are swimming in a sea of moss. A feat in itself.

Lovely Cindy! Mine are not that colorful yet but its would assume working on it. I have two lake Paso and two wavy leafs. So far the wavys are not too wavy. But we will see. I don't want to hijack so asking if you want others to share?

Great. Thanks for sharing this :D

Lovely Cindy! Mine are not that colorful yet but its would assume working on it. I have two lake Paso and two wavy leafs. So far the wavys are not too wavy. But we will see. I don't want to hijack so asking if you want others to share?

Please share your pics!

I have the plant growing in lowland conditions in a breadbox (away from direct sunlight to prevent overheating), together with N. adnata which I killed at least 5 plants before finding that the method works. I have yet to see how it does when the hot weather returns again...but the setup has been exposed to rather low light levels for the past few months and the pitchers have got great colours. My lowest temperature is about 75F and highest is 85F at the moment. It will go up to the range of 78F-95F in a few weeks' time, with some nights hitting 84F.

The plant arrived with pitchers like the following...
nepenthes_maxima_BE.jpg

But during the heat wave last August... :0o:
nepenthes_maxima_BE_green.jpg

:-O Very nice Cindy! It didn't much like the heatwave though did it? It's clearly made a full recovery since then though.

I do find it amazing the range of species you can grow in Singapore without resorting to a lot of expensive equipment.

I want one! My smallest maximais maxima watutau dwarf i wonder how the two compare

Yours is a lot darker than mine. Mine is a lot more pastel colored, and much less curvier.

Very nice plant Cindy!
I acquired this plant as "N. eymae", but as everybody know, almost no-one have the real deal. My plant looks very different from yor maxima, but I would like to know your oppinion...
¿What do you think, eymae or maxima?
267973_585383041473409_1664290160_n.jpg

A saller but more colorful pitcher
394205_495817817096599_1397374697_n.jpg

Regards

I'm familiar with that plant, and it's definitely maxima, and a big one at that. N. eymae has squater, rounder lower pitchers.

Thanks, Wire Man!

Tuuagso, I do not grow any other highland as my conditions are lowland year round with warm to hot nights (being in the city)...so I can't tell the difference between highland species.

It looks very similar! But it is also very different from Cindy's Lake Poso, I guess they are not clones.

Thanks for your answers ;)

Mine is seed grown, I believe. The name come from the region they come from. From what I recall they're all dwarves around the lake.

Back