What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insect mold inside the pitchers.

My only Nepenthes that I have is Nepenthes Linda and the plant is hungry for insects . Every day it gets tons of insects , most of them being house flies. In 1 of the pitchers I see that the fly has mold on it and that quite worries me. My question is : What can cause this? Should I empty the content of that pitcher? The plant is healthy and is growing ok so far.

Anyone? Nobody had this problem before?

i have had the same thing and i just leave nature to take its course and no harm has ever come to the plant

i have had the same thing and i just leave nature to take its course and no harm has ever come to the plant

So the pitchers didn't suffered?

No harm was done to the pitchers .you could stir it up and sink the moldy fly if your bothered

Mold grows all over the bugs my P. primuliflora catches and no harm is done to the plant. The mold eats dead stuff only.

Back